Windows 10: Shared User Profile

Discus and support Shared User Profile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have multiple computers on my home network. For some reason the User Profile used on one computer is showing on another. Once the two profiles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RogerKlunder, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Shared User Profile

I have multiple computers on my home network. For some reason the User Profile used on one computer is showing on another. Once the two profiles were switched. The computers have unique users and User Profiles and the two users do not share computers. How do we go back to a single user / profile on each computer?

:)

RogerKlunder, Apr 15, 2019

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Shared User Profile

User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Shared User Profile

1. Shared User Profile - Similar Threads - Shared User Profile

2. Intune shared PC not is deleting user profiles at logoff, but leaving user folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intune shared PC not is deleting user profiles at logoff, but leaving user folders: I have set up an Intune managed shared workstation for a conference room, and I'm having an issue with leftover user folders. It is set to delete the profiles when a user logs out. That is working fine, but it still leaves the blank user folders. Is this expected...
  3. Intune shared PC not is deleting user profiles at logoff, but leaving user folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intune shared PC not is deleting user profiles at logoff, but leaving user folders: I have set up an Intune managed shared workstation for a conference room, and I'm having an issue with leftover user folders. It is set to delete the profiles when a user logs out. That is working fine, but it still leaves the blank user folders. Is this expected...
  4. Intune shared PC not is deleting user profiles at logoff, but leaving user folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Do shared user profiles apps modify the apps for all other users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do shared user profiles apps modify the apps for all other users?: So I'm using a PC with two different Microsoft user profiles and want to share apps between these users, so all of them can use the installed apps. My question is, if one user uses and modifies the app, does it modify it the same for all the other users or do these changes in...
  6. Share user profile between two windows on the same PC

Share user profile between two windows on the same PC: I have two windows on my PC, one is main and the other is with Insiders program activated. Can I share user profile from my main windows to one with Insiders?...
  7. Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles: My fiancée and I both play the game Sea of Thieves, which is an xbox game pass game installed via the Microsoft Store (I believe); however, my fiancée is unable to access the game on her user profile. It is prompting her to install the game, I assume a second time, which...
  8. Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Shared User Profile with WIN 10 update: I was running WIN 7 Pro on my desktop with two login user profiles (George and Jenny). I updated to WIN 10 Pro and install went fine, except now on the principal login page there is only my login (George) My wife's profile is gone, and I cannot see it by clicking on Win icon...
  9. User profile sharing

User profile sharing: Hello, Recently my friend added his account to my PC and now I have 2 accounts on my computer. We don’t share one PC, he has his own. He has a bunch of stuff installed on his account which, from what I see, take up a lot of space on my computer. Now the question is: if I...
  10. how to create mandatory 10 user (local not share profiles)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to create mandatory 10 user (local not share profiles): Hello I have a problem creating the mandatory profile with windows 10 version creators update, with past versions i was taking the hidden file (ntuser.dat) by putting it in regedit and editing it (change user name with% username%) just by doing this Procedure once i...