Windows 10: Shared User Profile

Discus and support Shared User Profile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have multiple computers on my home network. For some reason the User Profile used on one computer is showing on another. Once the two profiles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RogerKlunder, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Shared User Profile

I have multiple computers on my home network. For some reason the User Profile used on one computer is showing on another. Once the two profiles were switched. The computers have unique users and User Profiles and the two users do not share computers. How do we go back to a single user / profile on each computer?

:)

RogerKlunder, Apr 15, 2019

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Shared User Profile

User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Shared User Profile

1. Shared User Profile - Similar Threads - Shared User Profile

2. User profile sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User profile sharing: Hello, Recently my friend added his account to my PC and now I have 2 accounts on my computer. We don’t share one PC, he has his own. He has a bunch of stuff installed on his account which, from what I see, take up a lot of space on my computer. Now the question is: if I...
  3. User Profile Rename

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Profile Rename: im currently using a windows 10 home os ( build 1809 ) and under the user folder it spelled my name wrong, i would like to know how do i rename the usesr folder? and by doing so will it affect any applications thats already installed in the device?...
  4. User Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Profile: How do you fix a corrupted user profile in Windows 10? Windows Fax and Scan would not fax following an update. I got an error message: “The RPC server is unavailable in Windows 10” On the Services window, I found the items DCOM Server Process Launcher, Remote Procedure...
  5. Windows User Profile

Windows User Profile: I want to create a second user profile on my laptop that has a totally blank desktop. However, when I create this second profile the desktop is full of loads of icons from my main profile. How can I get round this ?...
  6. Creating User Profile

Creating User Profile: hey, it is possible to create another user account with admin privileges but not being able to delete another admin user account? if so, how? windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-user-profile/14a0ba41-d9f0-4696-843a-c6788a0fb8a8
  7. user profile Win10

user profile Win10: How do I repair or replace my user profile in Windows10 that was corrupted during a shutdown failure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-win10/a2f7d226-78c4-4ab6-87a4-133411eb0fd7
  8. Renaming user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renaming user profile: My User Profile was created during the building of the computer by a 3rd party and now appears as C:\Users\OEM.DESKTOP-V87UE3B. How can I change this to reflect my name etc chux 120766
  9. Linking another user profile path to the current user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Linking another user profile path to the current user profile: Hi guys, A couple of days ago, I saw my friend being able to log in without password and I was eager to set it too so I went online to search for the way and end up going into win + r and type in netplwiz which brings up user account. I click on edit and accidentally hit on...
  10. how to create mandatory 10 user (local not share profiles)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to create mandatory 10 user (local not share profiles): Hello I have a problem creating the mandatory profile with windows 10 version creators update, with past versions i was taking the hidden file (ntuser.dat) by putting it in regedit and editing it (change user name with% username%) just by doing this Procedure once i...