Windows 10: Sharepoint Exporer Path Maping with current credentials

Discus and support Sharepoint Exporer Path Maping with current credentials in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HI i want to deploy all users SharePoint documentation map via group policy. but i am facing a challenge since the user are prompted for password.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ibrahim Irufan, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Sharepoint Exporer Path Maping with current credentials

HI

i want to deploy all users SharePoint documentation map via group policy. but i am facing a challenge since the user are prompted for password.

my Active directory Domain is test.local but i have hosted my SharePoint on different DNS name as sharepont.test.com.

the reason that i have hosted sharepoint.test.com is to have it on https since we have wildcard cert for that domain.

i don't want users to access via http.

i have added https://sharepoint.test.com to my intranet zone and asked to use the current logged in credentials as well.

this also prompt for password if i try to mount the path to My Computer but on internet explorer it works fine.

i have also tried the same by adding to Trusted Zone and marked to use the current logged in credentials as well.

if i map the path with http://sharepoint.test.local it work without having to enter credentials.

could any one help me to fix this issue.

:)

Ibrahim Irufan, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Sharepoint Exporer Path Maping with current credentials

Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Sharepoint Exporer Path Maping with current credentials

1. Sharepoint Exporer Path Maping with current credentials - Similar Threads - Sharepoint Exporer Path

2. Printer maped to lpt4.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer maped to lpt4.: Printer maped to lpt4. Command "copy plik.txt lpt4" nothing to do. What wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-maped-to/23664aa0-2aaa-45c2-b563-cbcd30e1f5f6
  3. Printer maped to lpt4.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer maped to lpt4.: Printer maped to lpt4. Command "copy plik.txt lpt4" nothing to do. What wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-maped-to/23664aa0-2aaa-45c2-b563-cbcd30e1f5f6
  4. OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC: Good morning everyone,We are moving a user to a new computer, and they have around 10 different SharePoint sites, and a few OneDrive folders synced to the computer. Is there a way to copy the settings to a new computer, without going to every site and syncing. I've looked at...
  5. OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC: Good morning everyone,We are moving a user to a new computer, and they have around 10 different SharePoint sites, and a few OneDrive folders synced to the computer. Is there a way to copy the settings to a new computer, without going to every site and syncing. I've looked at...
  6. File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online: I have hunted around for a solution and can't find any recent posts. SP allows path lengths of 400 characters but synching to the OneDrive client runs into errors accessing files with paths over 260 characters. Has anyone found a viable fix for this? Our pilot folders 200GB...
  7. Sharepoint: Prompt for credentials on every access to a document libra

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Sharepoint: Prompt for credentials on every access to a document libra: Hello! How do i force to Sharepoint prompt for credentials on every access to a document libray? Using SPO Thankx 161948
  8. File exporer tree disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    File exporer tree disappeared: Hi all, new user here. Just one little problem. I just installed version 2004. Everything is working fine except that I have no explorer tree on the left side of my Quick Access window. I've tried everything I can think of to get it back but nothing works. There are 2 other...
  9. Disconnected Maped Drive

Disconnected Maped Drive: Good Day All I hope been having this endless fault with my windows 10 Pro PC that is on a domain. I have a p drive that I have mapped from my windows server 2016 . This is a pastel drive. after a couple of day after windows re-installation I have the same fault. The drive...
  10. Windows 10 Network sharing and maping

Windows 10 Network sharing and maping: I Recently put a full version of windows 10 on my computer everything went well and it even showed up my network so i thought OK great. I restarted my computer it then it lost all my network and all my Nas Drivers it only shows the pictures but wont map or see other computer...