Windows 10: Sharepoint links

Discus and support Sharepoint links in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We are new to Share point and want to make sure that when we send a link to a client they can definitely only see the documents in that link? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kristie N, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Kristie N Win User

Sharepoint links

We are new to Share point and want to make sure that when we send a link to a client they can definitely only see the documents in that link?

I have been practising by sending a link / folder to my personal email address but from the link I can then go to all the other documents in our Share point.

Thanks

:)

Kristie N, Nov 11, 2019

2. How does Office hub recognize SharePoint links?

I am a developer for a SharePoint 2010 based, public facing marketing/support site for customers and prospective customers alike. We're finding an issue specifically with Windows 8 phones, which is why I'm coming here to ask this question (as well
    as SharePoint sites).

Basically, if we send an email to someone containing a link to a page on our HTTPS website, and that user uses 'regular' email on their Windows 8 phone, then Office hub launches a SharePoint app, instead of a browser. We're finding that the app is then
    showing internal lists instead of the published pages that the link points to. i.e. let's say the link is https://root/foobar/Pages/blah.aspx, the Office hub app shows the internal
    lists (workflow tasks, documents, etc.) for the 'foobar' site, instead of the 'blah.aspx' page.

We're looking to see what Windows Phone 8/Office hub email uses to determine if a link is from a SharePoint site or not. Or, what with SharePoint we can turn off/disable to stop Office hub recognizing a link as SharePoint, so that visitors to our site
    will see the correctly published page instead of the site with internal (and potentially confidential) lists.

We know that Office hub can be configured to opening SharePoint links in a browser, but this means that ALL SharePoint sites would be impacted, not just ours, and we cannot expect new visitors to our site to know they have to do this before coming to
    our site.

Can any offer any insight into how Office hub knows a link is for a SharePoint site? or any other advice/options for investigation?

Cheers

Kevin

KevinBlount, Nov 11, 2019
  3. l1willia Win User
    Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

From what I've seen online, it's not possible to rename a folder pinned to the Quick Access list without renaming the folder itself. This is posing a challenge for me with respect to setting up SharePoint libraries as "favorites," like I had in Windows 7, because of the way my company set up SharePoint.

Our IT Department told me to add a shortcut instead of a direct link, I'm not finding any info on how to do that. I tried creating a folder, pinning it, then adding a shortcut within that folder, but it doesn't show a list of files in the library, it's literally a shortcut to the library.

My questions are:
    1. Has anybody successfully pinned SharePoint libraries to Quick Access and renamed in that list them without renaming them in SharePoint?

2. If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to avoid a list of folders called "Shared."

l1willia, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Sharepoint links

SharePoint List Data View crashes IE

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the SharePoint websites on Internet Explorer browser. We will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to add the website under trusted sites in Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Click Tools/ Settings at the right top corner of the window.
    • Click Internet Options
    • Click the Security tab
    • Click Trusted sites
    • Click Sites
    • Click on Add this website to the zone to add the site.

Step 2: Change the developer tools to IE 10.

• Open Internet Explorer, access SharePoint 2013
      website.
    • Press F12 key from the keyboard, click on Emulation
      tab, select Internet Explorer 10 and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Sharepoint links

1. Sharepoint links - Similar Threads - Sharepoint links

2. how can I share the SharePoint link to anyone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I share the SharePoint link to anyone?: how can I share the SharePoint link/site to anyone? Because it's disabled in mine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-share-the-sharepoint-link-to-anyone/0b48540c-c14e-40a8-bde7-6890b603698f
  3. how can I share the SharePoint link to anyone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I share the SharePoint link to anyone?: how can I share the SharePoint link/site to anyone? Because it's disabled in mine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-share-the-sharepoint-link-to-anyone/0b48540c-c14e-40a8-bde7-6890b603698f
  4. how can I share the SharePoint link to anyone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SharePoint links are too long - please add TinyURL option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SharePoint links are too long - please add TinyURL option: Hello, there is no option for SharePoint in this forum, so I apologize in advance for posting this here. Secondly, can you please share this feedback to the SharePoint dev team? SharePoint links are extra long. For...
  6. SharePoint links are too long - please add TinyURL option

SharePoint links are too long - please add TinyURL option: Hello, there is no option for SharePoint in this forum, so I apologize in advance for posting this here. Secondly, can you please share this feedback to the SharePoint dev team? SharePoint links are extra long. For...
  7. Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?: I'm using Windows 10 and for some reason, only some documents are linked to my SharePoint on the Windows Timeline while others have the appropriate directory path. I would like to eliminate the use of SharePoint links on my Timeline as it has me download the file instead of...
  8. Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?: I'm using Windows 10 and for some reason, only some documents are linked to my SharePoint on the Windows Timeline while others have the appropriate directory path. I would like to eliminate the use of SharePoint links on my Timeline as it has me download the file instead of...
  9. Why do only some documents show as SharePoint links on the Microsoft Timeline?

10. Microsoft Edge Keeps bringing up a blank page whenever I open OneDrive/SharePoint Links

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge Keeps bringing up a blank page whenever I open OneDrive/SharePoint Links: Dear TEAM,I would like to raise an issue regarding MS. Edge. I keep getting this blank page that looks like a bicycle wheel rotating after opening links to a shared folder on SharePoint from MS Outlook. The first time this happened, I removed and re-installed MS Edge...