Windows 10: SharePoint online issue Running with Windows to Go windows 10

Discus and support SharePoint online issue Running with Windows to Go windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear support, We are using Windows to Go with Windows 10 OS & 1803 version, office 2016 pro plus 4738. And we try to open files from share point... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LouisLou_MM, Nov 21, 2018.

1. SharePoint online issue Running with Windows to Go windows 10

Dear support,

We are using Windows to Go with Windows 10 OS & 1803 version, office 2016 pro plus 4738. And we try to open files from share point online, we clicked open in word/excel/power point , the documents will be opened by read-only mode. But click open in word/excel/power point online will be ok, and we can edit those files also.

What we did on troubleshooting:

Test on Windows to Go Windows 10 1709 1703 & office pro plus 2016 4738 4639 & office 365, got the same problem.

Test on different workstation (HP & DELL), the same problem.

Test on Non Windows to Go device such as laptop/surface, it works and no error message.

Create a new office file in Windows to Go System, and try to save as to share point, got the error message as below.

And we found the hyperlink was incomplete, the correct link should be like this "
    https://******.sharepoint.com/sites/M&STeamChat/Shared%20Documents/Shanghai,%20Beijing,%20Chengdu"

SharePoint online issue Running with Windows to Go windows 10 93d4324d-950e-4016-9ba9-f547ef1aa550?upload=true.png

And not for a specific file, all of those files open from share point online will be as read-only mode. and we click Edit Workbook,

show Unknow error trying to lock file.

SharePoint online issue Running with Windows to Go windows 10 34c1a16f-bdf8-45b8-8446-3300f36da5a2?upload=true.png

I'm sure this is not the office issue, it must be a system permission issue between share point online and the office running from Windows to Go. Can you guys test the windows to go and open the file from your share point site?

hope you can help to fix this issue asap.

:)

LouisLou_MM, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Drone Win User

SharePoint online issue Running with Windows to Go windows 10

Drone, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

SharePoint online issue Running with Windows to Go windows 10

1. SharePoint online issue Running with Windows to Go windows 10 - Similar Threads - SharePoint online issue

2. SharePoint Renaming Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SharePoint Renaming Issue: Hello,I've had this issue at multiple companies. It's not the end of the world, but it's incredibly frustrating as someone who works in HR and is saving/renaming multiple files each day.I have share point folders synced to the folder explorer. When dragging emails, PDFs, word...
  3. SharePoint Renaming Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SharePoint Renaming Issue: Hello,I've had this issue at multiple companies. It's not the end of the world, but it's incredibly frustrating as someone who works in HR and is saving/renaming multiple files each day.I have share point folders synced to the folder explorer. When dragging emails, PDFs, word...
  4. Powershell vs Sharepoint Online Management Shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell vs Sharepoint Online Management Shell: What is the difference between powershell and sharepoint online management shell? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-vs-sharepoint-online-management-shell/654ce759-0c15-4668-81d9-5db2c96e49e7
  5. Powershell vs Sharepoint Online Management Shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell vs Sharepoint Online Management Shell: What is the difference between powershell and sharepoint online management shell? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-vs-sharepoint-online-management-shell/654ce759-0c15-4668-81d9-5db2c96e49e7
  6. Running a Windows Online

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running a Windows Online: Hello, I want to ask if it is possible to run a Windows OS online which is 24 hours up. I need to run my applications there. Can I do that with Cloud servers. I don't know much about it. Please give me some advice. Thanks....
  7. Windows updates go online .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates go online .: Is there a cmd that will force windows update to go online for updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-go-online/483d0bcb-46ae-459b-bfa4-66e4af16f52c
  8. Map drive to Sharepoint Online

in Windows 10 Customization
    Map drive to Sharepoint Online: We're using sharepoint online and would like to map a drive to a library which has a number of subfolders in it (5000+). When I map it I'm told the folder is empty. I'm able to map directly to one of the subfolders and see files but not to the root of the Library. Is there a...
  9. Mobile Sharepoint online Color Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mobile Sharepoint online Color Change: Hi. My clients use their iPAD and iPhone a lot and right now the various Communication sites in Sharepoint Online I have created are all uniform on the desktop but on mobile the background show up as a wide range of colors (pink, purple, green and there seems to be no...
  10. Increase in SharePoint Online storage allocation

in Windows 10 News
    Increase in SharePoint Online storage allocation: Maybe - but Sharepoint itself is a bit of a cranky product. For instance it still has some features which only work with Internet Explorer - none of your new-fangled 'Edge' browsing! *Wink Yeah I know! Sometimes very frustrating, and some stuff didn't work properly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SharePoint Online issues with windows 10