Windows 10: Sharepoint: Prompt for credentials on every access to a document libra

Discus and support Sharepoint: Prompt for credentials on every access to a document libra in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello! How do i force to Sharepoint prompt for credentials on every access to a document libray? Using SPO Thankx 161948 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by semlan77, Aug 4, 2020.

1. semlan77 Win User

Sharepoint: Prompt for credentials on every access to a document libra

Hello!
    How do i force to Sharepoint prompt for credentials on every access to a document libray? Using SPO

Thankx

:)

semlan77, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Arsenal Win User

Win 10 PC accessing a Win 10 Everyone share prompted for credentials

I have a new Windows 10 Home computer and I've selected a folder and shared it. I've added Everyone to the Share Permissions list with Full Control.

Sharepoint: Prompt for credentials on every access to a document libra [​IMG]

I've selected "Turn off password protected sharing" in the Advance Sharing Center.

Sharepoint: Prompt for credentials on every access to a document libra [​IMG]

When I try to access the share with a Windows 7 laptop in the home it connects right away without a prompt for credentials. When I try to access the share from another Windows 10 device (Surface) there is a prompt for credentials and I am unable to access the shared folder. There are no common account names between machines on my home network.

On the Windows 10 machine which is trying to connect I have run Net use * /DELETE and removed all Windows Credentials using the Credentials Manager then rebooted both machines a few times. Still though the Windows 7 machine can access the share with no credentials and the Windows 10 machine can't access it at all.

My goal is to get the share working for the Windows 10 machine as it works for the Windows 7. Full access, no prompt for credentials. I've workaround steps that will provide access so that type of information isn't needed.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and any help would be most appreciated.

Arsenal, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Sharepoint Exporer Path Maping with current credentials

HI

i want to deploy all users SharePoint documentation map via group policy. but i am facing a challenge since the user are prompted for password.

my Active directory Domain is test.local but i have hosted my SharePoint on different DNS name as sharepont.test.com.

the reason that i have hosted sharepoint.test.com is to have it on https since we have wildcard cert for that domain.

i don't want users to access via http.

i have added https://sharepoint.test.com to my intranet zone and asked to use the current logged in credentials as well.

this also prompt for password if i try to mount the path to My Computer but on internet explorer it works fine.

i have also tried the same by adding to Trusted Zone and marked to use the current logged in credentials as well.

if i map the path with http://sharepoint.test.local it work without having to enter credentials.

could any one help me to fix this issue.

Ibrahim Irufan, Aug 4, 2020
  4. l1willia Win User

Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

From what I've seen online, it's not possible to rename a folder pinned to the Quick Access list without renaming the folder itself. This is posing a challenge for me with respect to setting up SharePoint libraries as "favorites," like I had in Windows 7, because of the way my company set up SharePoint.

Our IT Department told me to add a shortcut instead of a direct link, I'm not finding any info on how to do that. I tried creating a folder, pinning it, then adding a shortcut within that folder, but it doesn't show a list of files in the library, it's literally a shortcut to the library.

My questions are:
    1. Has anybody successfully pinned SharePoint libraries to Quick Access and renamed in that list them without renaming them in SharePoint?

2. If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to avoid a list of folders called "Shared."

l1willia, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Sharepoint: Prompt for credentials on every access to a document libra - Similar Threads - Sharepoint Prompt credentials

2. Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission: Hello,On some xlsm files stored on my local network folders, I get an "Access denied" message saying I do not have access to view this file and if I would like to request for permission on Sharepoint?This does not make any sense as the file is locally stored on a local file...
  3. can not access sharepoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not access sharepoint: Hello!summary:Incognito mode tested - no accessIE mode tested - no accesslogging with another account colleague account on machine - no accesschanging device/reinstalling system - same issuewhen Zscaler "private access" is turned off, the SharePoint home page can be opened....
  4. can not access sharepoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not access sharepoint: Hello!summary:Incognito mode tested - no accessIE mode tested - no accesslogging with another account colleague account on machine - no accesschanging device/reinstalling system - same issuewhen Zscaler "private access" is turned off, the SharePoint home page can be opened....
  5. SharePoint Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SharePoint Access: Hello,I am a student at a university. I work with other lab members and a research professor. We share many files together through SharePoint. Recently, the folders I have been able to access previously are locking me out. I have checked with the people who gave me access,...
  6. SharePoint Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SharePoint Access: Hello,I am a student at a university. I work with other lab members and a research professor. We share many files together through SharePoint. Recently, the folders I have been able to access previously are locking me out. I have checked with the people who gave me access,...
  7. Accessing shared '\\PCName\Users\Public' Prompts Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing shared '\\PCName\Users\Public' Prompts Network Credentials: This is a very strange annoyance. Whenever I initially try to access the public folder on a networked PC named 'WiRNS' from any other PC, I'm presented with this 'Network Credentials' prompt: [img] Note that it already says in red, "The user name or password is incorrect"...
  8. Signing a sharepoint's word document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing a sharepoint's word document: When I add my signature to the word document, the name of my certificate is not friendly ("Signed by:" field). [ATTACH] Is there any idea how can I change it? I tried through the MMC Management console to change the friendly name but still it's writing the legal...
  9. Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop: Hello, What is the difference between Prompt for Credentials and ? In both, I have the same thing. 1. Prompt for Credential [ATTACH] 2. Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop [ATTACH]...
  10. Sharepoint Exporer Path Maping with current credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sharepoint Exporer Path Maping with current credentials: HI i want to deploy all users SharePoint documentation map via group policy. but i am facing a challenge since the user are prompted for password. my Active directory Domain is test.local but i have hosted my SharePoint on different DNS name as sharepont.test.com. the...