Windows 10: SharePoint - Right-click in Quick Access flips open in new window & unpin

Discus and support SharePoint - Right-click in Quick Access flips open in new window & unpin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Quick Access, if you have a shortcut to a SharePoint folder, the first two items are incorrectly flipped in file explorer. For all other items in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cbroph02, Sep 26, 2022.

1. cbroph02 Win User

SharePoint - Right-click in Quick Access flips open in new window & unpin

In Quick Access, if you have a shortcut to a SharePoint folder, the first two items are incorrectly flipped in file explorer. For all other items in Quick Access, the first two options on right-click are, in order:1. Open in new window2. Unpin from quick accessWhen it comes to a shortcut in Quick Access for Sharepoint, Windows has inadvertently flipped these. See the picture below. Please fix! It ends up accidentally unpinning from Quick Access when I'm trying to open a new window. Thanks!

:)

cbroph02, Sep 26, 2022

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 26, 2022
  3. l1willia Win User
    Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

From what I've seen online, it's not possible to rename a folder pinned to the Quick Access list without renaming the folder itself. This is posing a challenge for me with respect to setting up SharePoint libraries as "favorites," like I had in Windows 7, because of the way my company set up SharePoint.

Our IT Department told me to add a shortcut instead of a direct link, I'm not finding any info on how to do that. I tried creating a folder, pinning it, then adding a shortcut within that folder, but it doesn't show a list of files in the library, it's literally a shortcut to the library.

My questions are:
    1. Has anybody successfully pinned SharePoint libraries to Quick Access and renamed in that list them without renaming them in SharePoint?

2. If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to avoid a list of folders called "Shared."

l1willia, Sep 26, 2022
  4. anpr22 Win User

Can't unpin FTP location from Quick Access

I have tried to highlight multiple objects on the Quick Access List and can't do it. How are you doing it?

Click quick access and open it in windows explorer then select the items (not in sidebar) using ctrl

anpr22, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

1. SharePoint - Right-click in Quick Access flips open in new window & unpin - Similar Threads - SharePoint Right click

2. Unpinning Folders From Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unpinning Folders From Quick Access: I don't know how to unpin files from the Quick Access bar. I sometimes don't like seeing them there every time I open up File Explorer, so I was wondering if there is a way to disable it.Here's some info:Windows 11Intel Celeron 4 coreIT-controlled so I don't know how this...
  3. Unpinning Folders From Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unpinning Folders From Quick Access: I don't know how to unpin files from the Quick Access bar. I sometimes don't like seeing them there every time I open up File Explorer, so I was wondering if there is a way to disable it.Here's some info:Windows 11Intel Celeron 4 coreIT-controlled so I don't know how this...
  4. SharePoint - Right-click in Quick Access flips open in new window & unpin

SharePoint - Right-click in Quick Access flips open in new window & unpin: In Quick Access, if you have a shortcut to a SharePoint folder, the first two items are incorrectly flipped in file explorer. For all other items in Quick Access, the first two options on right-click are, in order:1. Open in new window2. Unpin from quick accessWhen it comes...
  5. SharePoint - Right-click in Quick Access flips open in new window & unpin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SharePoint - Right-click in Quick Access flips open in new window & unpin: In Quick Access, if you have a shortcut to a SharePoint folder, the first two items are incorrectly flipped in file explorer. For all other items in Quick Access, the first two options on right-click are, in order:1. Open in new window2. Unpin from quick accessWhen it comes...
  6. Unpinning Desktop from Quick Access on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unpinning Desktop from Quick Access on Windows 11: I recently purchased a new laptop and it was shipped with Windows 11. I'm still getting used to the changes, but for some reason I cannot unpin my desktop from "Quick access". All other folders work normally, but the Desktop won't budge. Ideas?I'm happy to post more details...
  7. How to unpin "OneDrive" from Quick accesses ?

How to unpin "OneDrive" from Quick accesses ?: When I press unpin nothing happens. When I try to open it, it says "This file does not have an app associated with it". I installed Onedrive, same problem. Its not a seperate Tab like "This PC" and "Quick accesses" its in "Quick accesses" tab with Descktop and downloads so...
  8. Quick access right click menu order? Unpin from quick access before Open in new window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick access right click menu order? Unpin from quick access before Open in new window: [ATTACH] Is there a way to change order of right click menu on pinned items in quick access? What bothers me is that at home the order goes: (1) Open in new windows (2) Unpin from quick access but on my work PC its the other way...
  9. Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer: When right clicking on items in quick access, explorer crashes. - I have cleared file explorer history. - I have removed unchecked "show frequently used folders in quick access" - When I start explorer via CMD (right click > Run as Administrator) then I can right click...
  10. Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Menu/SharePoint: From what I've seen online, it's not possible to rename a folder pinned to the Quick Access list without renaming the folder itself. This is posing a challenge for me with respect to setting up SharePoint libraries as "favorites," like I had in Windows 7, because of the way...