Windows 10: Sharepoint Sharing with people outside your Organisation

Discus and support Sharepoint Sharing with people outside your Organisation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI there I have clients that used Dropbox sharing via windows explorer interface to synchronise files and folders with various clients with my team.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dale Hair, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Dale Hair Win User

Sharepoint Sharing with people outside your Organisation

HI there

I have clients that used Dropbox sharing via windows explorer interface to synchronise files and folders with various clients with my team. I have since moved over to Onedrive/SharePoint Business package, so how do i continue to share with clients who have basic onedrive packages, the sharepoint client folders i want various client to only access but work within their windows explorer, like i currently have it?

The is sharepoint and onedrive the same, ie if i share a sharepoint file, doe the client if registered with Onedrive pick that up automatically or does it have to be shared via onedrive only?

:)

Dale Hair, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Office 2016 SharePoint in Windows 10

Sharepoint is for organisational use. Organisations can create Sharepoints websites for a specific team or group of users with the organisation, websites for all employees within the organisation, or public websites.

Using Sharepoint organisations can also share data*within the organisation.

If you are a private user, Sharepoint is nothing for you. If you are using an Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise account, your Azure admin*or IT department can tell you about Sharepoint services available for your organisation.

3. How do I share my one drive files with outside people

How do I share my one drive files with outside people

PaulaKyle Stephens, Sep 19, 2019
  4. l1willia Win User

Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

From what I've seen online, it's not possible to rename a folder pinned to the Quick Access list without renaming the folder itself. This is posing a challenge for me with respect to setting up SharePoint libraries as "favorites," like I had in Windows 7, because of the way my company set up SharePoint.

Our IT Department told me to add a shortcut instead of a direct link, I'm not finding any info on how to do that. I tried creating a folder, pinning it, then adding a shortcut within that folder, but it doesn't show a list of files in the library, it's literally a shortcut to the library.

My questions are:
    1. Has anybody successfully pinned SharePoint libraries to Quick Access and renamed in that list them without renaming them in SharePoint?

2. If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to avoid a list of folders called "Shared."

l1willia, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Sharepoint Sharing with people outside your Organisation - Similar Threads - Sharepoint Sharing outside

2. Managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Managed by your organisation: Hi all,Quite frankly sick & tired of seeing this comment in outlook ms office, chrome and now when trying to link my phone.It is disabling any ability to make changes.I don't have an 'organisation'. I have a stand alone HOME pc, and despite asking multiple times in the past,...
  3. Managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Managed by your organisation: Hi all,Quite frankly sick & tired of seeing this comment in outlook ms office, chrome and now when trying to link my phone.It is disabling any ability to make changes.I don't have an 'organisation'. I have a stand alone HOME pc, and despite asking multiple times in the past,...
  4. Managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. settings "managed by your organisation"

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings "managed by your organisation": Some of my settings have the message "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization", and they are uneditable. I have an administrator account and a regular user account. My regular user account cannot modify these settings: Settings>Phone And the...
  6. Problem managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem managed by your organisation: I got windows v1803 that is managed by an unknown organisation...its stated that my windows defender is managed by my organization... But am a solo user...how do u fix this...
  7. Your Virus & threat is manage by your organisation.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your Virus & threat is manage by your organisation.: Hi, I had a virus in december and used malwarebytes to remove it and the virus/malware/pup's have been coming back constantly even though i remove them and i went on windows defender and it said, Your Virus & threat is manage by your organisation. so i watched some videos...
  8. How do I share my one drive files with outside people

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I share my one drive files with outside people: How do I share my one drive files with outside people https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-share-my-one-drive-files-with-outside/aa9ebff3-b800-4b08-924c-d731e77841cf"
  9. SHARING-2 PEOPLE ICON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SHARING-2 PEOPLE ICON: Hello, I do not share my folders; however 2 people icons show up on my desktop folders. What is causing this. I noticed this around Nov. 24, 2018. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-2-people-icon/95e7baeb-b04e-49f8-93c8-ed201573d653"
  10. " Your Organisation ??"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    " Your Organisation ??": Hi.... Who is ones "Organisation" referring too ?? when it pops up on "windows 10" as " Your Organisation is doing this Or That" ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/your-organisation/b4430621-ae22-4663-81b0-40cee6204ff6