Windows 10: Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network

Discus and support Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried to do this but get asked for name and password, I've tried using both on both machines but always says wrong. Every time I search it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VicPaine, Nov 22, 2018.

1. VicPaine Win User

Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network

I have tried to do this but get asked for name and password, I've tried using both on both machines but always says wrong. Every time I search it points to turning password off in Network and Sharing Centre but this is not an option on either machine. Any ideas please?

:)

VicPaine, Nov 22, 2018

2. File Sharing between homegroup computers using Win 10 and Win 7

None of he suggestions offered have solved he problem. However, I found out why I was not able to see the Window 7 PC folders on my Win 10 laptop. It was all related to the difference in how you find a computers on a homegroup. As it turns out, the
    Windows 10 menu structure for getting to the Network is different between the Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. The homegroup computers can be seen on the Win 7 buy going to Network and File Sharing on the Control Panel and by clicking on the the House
    Icon between the Win 7 PC icon and the Internet Icon. These icons are not part of the Network and File Sharing menu on Win 10. Instead, the homegroup computers can be found on the Network icon under the Computer Menu on Win 10 computers. Once I found Win
    7 listed under the Network Icon on the Win 10 computer I was able to access all of the shared folders on the Win 7 PC.

shortimer831, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Folder sharing across 2 computers

Thank you for the details that you've provided. We suggest that re-map the network folder to refresh the connection between the two computers. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Windows icon and select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet on the left menu.
    • Click Network and Sharing Center at the right menu.
    • Click Change advanced sharing settings on the left menu.
    • Under All Networks, turn on the Public folder sharing. (Refer to the screenshot below.)

Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network 7b932e3d-d0c3-4b2d-b488-0da3d572a68d.jpg

Meanwhile, we also suggest that you check this article and see the Windows 10 section for more details:

Map a network drive.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network

1. Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network - Similar Threads - Sharing computers home

2. home network win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home network win 10: Prior questions here have led to no answer. 2 computers on the same wifi network need to access each other. Computer that i need to access shows up on File Explorer - Network. But attempts to access give this: [ATTACH] I have tried all of my passwords, looked for something...
  3. Win 10 Cant share files on other home computer

Win 10 Cant share files on other home computer: I have two computers running Windows 10 in my home. One is a Windows 10 Professional and the other a standard Windows 10. Both have the latest updates. I have spent hours setting things and still can't access folders from the Professional computer that are located on standard...
  4. COMPUTER SHARING ON HOME NETWORK WITH WINDOWS 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    COMPUTER SHARING ON HOME NETWORK WITH WINDOWS 10 PCs: I have 2 windows 10 PCs on my home network. Both appear on the network. However, my wife can access all the files on my computer while I only have access to her media files. I have spent hours on the phone and sharing the computer with Gearhead's Tech Service, our PC tech...
  5. Set up file sharing home network with win 10 and win 7 computers

Set up file sharing home network with win 10 and win 7 computers: I just upgraded my main computer to 1803 and now most of my network won't connect to each other. I have two computers on Win 10 ver 1803 and two son Win7 sp2. I can't get them to connect. they did for a while and then stopped. I have spent two days reading and checking and...
  6. Home computers are on 2 separate networks

Home computers are on 2 separate networks: My two home computers are on two separate networks - Network 3 and Network 4. How do I get them on one single network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-computers-are-on-2-separate-networks/cfbd0d51-4aca-42d4-8ddb-e10ad6453545
  7. file sharing with another computer on home network

file sharing with another computer on home network: We 're using Windows 10 on two desktops in our home. Both are connected to Internet by RJ-45 Ethernet cables. How can I set up file sharing so that I can save files from one computer to the other?...
  8. Share Win 10 Home Hard Drive with Win 7 Pro Computer

Share Win 10 Home Hard Drive with Win 7 Pro Computer: Due to a power surge I recently had to upgrade my wife's Win 7 machine. She had been running an old LGA1156 mobo and when it was impractical to replace the mobo I figured why not just get her an 8th gen I3? I soon figured out that those 8th gen processors don't play nicely...
  9. Win 10 Network sharing failure

Win 10 Network sharing failure: Hi For some reason this has stopped working as expected (I think) after creator's update on PC had to be applied manually as automated update kept failing. I am trying to share specific folders between laptop and pc which was working fine before and I was able to see...
  10. Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers

Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers: Computer 1: Windows 10 Desktop Computer 2: Windows 10 Laptop On both machines, I have: Turn on network discovery. Turn on file and printer sharing. (same for Guest/Public) Allow Windows manage homegroup connections. Turn on sharing so anyone with network access...