Windows 10: Sharing a display with another computer

Discus and support Sharing a display with another computer in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My desktop has two displays using Display Ports. The card is a GTX1660. W10Pro v2004. I also use the left one as an 2nd display for my laptop through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Saintor, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Saintor Win User

Sharing a display with another computer

My desktop has two displays using Display Ports. The card is a GTX1660. W10Pro v2004.

I also use the left one as an 2nd display for my laptop through a HDMI port. When I want to do this, I obviously select HDMI input.

My annoyance is as follow. When I use the 2nd display for my laptop, my desktop still think that there are two displays. So if something is 'hidden' on the 2nd, I have to swap the input back to DP.

Is there a way that when the 2nd is working with my laptop, the desktop/graphic card will adapt itself using only the remaining display available?

:)

Saintor, Nov 18, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 18, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Sharing a display with another computer

How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Sharing a display with another computer

1. Sharing a display with another computer - Similar Threads - Sharing display another

2. Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network: I'm trying to share a Drive on my laptop Win11 Home through my Network so my desktop Win 11 Pro can rename files and do some file management on it. Both are on the same network and what I've done so far is mess around with settings to the point where I can see the other...
  3. Computer unable to detect shared printer on another PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer unable to detect shared printer on another PC.: HI,I have 15years experience with IT and am baffled by this. A Windows 10 Home PC LaptopPC is connected to an HP printer via USB and shared via network. The second PC with Windows 10 mode S TabletPC, cannot find the shared printer over the network. I even tried HP software....
  4. Computer unable to detect shared printer on another PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer unable to detect shared printer on another PC.: HI,I have 15years experience with IT and am baffled by this. A Windows 10 Home PC LaptopPC is connected to an HP printer via USB and shared via network. The second PC with Windows 10 mode S TabletPC, cannot find the shared printer over the network. I even tried HP software....
  5. Computer unable to detect shared printer on another PC.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. One windows account altering another on a shared computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One windows account altering another on a shared computer?: So I have windows 10 and use my account for some business and some gaming My wife got a job working from home and decided to make another account and profile on my computer, which is totally, however because it’s for work she doesn’t need a bunch of gaming shortcuts on her...
  7. Sharing two display with two computers.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Sharing two display with two computers.: Here is my little problem. I got a GTX 1660 and two 27" display connected to my desktop computer via DP. Display #1 is at left, #2 at right. I also use occasionally #1 for my laptop (on left) installed on a docking station via HDMI. When it is the case and that my desktop...
  8. Need to share folders to another computer on another wifi network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to share folders to another computer on another wifi network.: Basically, I have two houses with two desktops, and a laptop that I take everywhere. I would like to be able to share a specific folder or two (not OneDrive, it will not work) with my two desktops, and if possible, to my laptop as well. If it helps, I always run Enterprise on...
  9. How to share folders with a specific user on another computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share folders with a specific user on another computer: I've gone through the tutorials here on how to set up share folders. Very useful. I've done a fair bit of google searching as well. There does not seem to be an answer to my question. I have some folders on my desktop PC that I have shared on my network using the "Everyone"...
  10. file sharing with another computer on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file sharing with another computer on home network: We 're using Windows 10 on two desktops in our home. Both are connected to Internet by RJ-45 Ethernet cables. How can I set up file sharing so that I can save files from one computer to the other?...