Windows 10: Sharing a File with another user on my PC

Discus and support Sharing a File with another user on my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have set up my PC on Windows Ten with Microsoft Office 07. I am the administrator and I have one other user who is not an administrator. I have a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MartynLee2, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Sharing a File with another user on my PC

I have set up my PC on Windows Ten with Microsoft Office 07. I am the administrator and I have one other user who is not an administrator. I have a file that I want to share and I've followed the protocol for sharing using the Properties, Security, Adavaced route and allowed the other user full access and editing rights. My problem is that when my other user opens up the file isn't there in her documents. What am I doing wrong?

:)

MartynLee2, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Sharing a File with another user on my PC

1. Sharing a File with another user on my PC - Similar Threads - Sharing File another

2. Sharing a Single Folder with Another User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing a Single Folder with Another User: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Pro (21H1 - Build 19043.1052). I am trying to set up another user with access to a single folder and its subfolders on a new machine. I've shared this folder with that user by editing the share settings in Windows Explorer. When I log in as that...
  3. Forza horizon 4 not sharing with another user on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza horizon 4 not sharing with another user on PC: Forza horizon 4 is installed and works for my account where it was purchased, however on other accounts on th PC that are in the same family group are unable to launch the game. The splash screen apears for other users but closes a few seconds later with no error message....
  4. I don't want to share files with another user on a local PC

I don't want to share files with another user on a local PC: I have a home computer that I recently built, I downloaded a few games and whatnot, and about a week later a created another user account so family members could use the same computer without seeing my files/apps and vise versa, but when I created the account, I've found that...
  5. Share Minecraft with another user in family acount on same pc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Share Minecraft with another user in family acount on same pc: I have a Microsoft family account for me and my kids. I have purchased and installed minecraft using my log-in, but it is not visible on their account. How do they play it without loggin onto the pc with my account?...
  6. Access my user files from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access my user files from another PC: I am trying to access files from my previous PC. I've restored the backup of that PC's C: drive to a vhdx virtual disk. I can mount it and access all of its files except the files in my user folder - I don't have access rights from my new computer. What to I need to do to...
  7. Sharing a folder on a PC with a user on another PC

Sharing a folder on a PC with a user on another PC: I know the basics of network sharing, but it only works for me if I specify sharing with Everyone. Here are my two problems: 1. I want to share a folder on one PC with a specific person working on another PC. I get to where I have to type a name and then click Add.......
  8. Shared Excel-files "Locked" by another user, seemingly spontaneously.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Shared Excel-files "Locked" by another user, seemingly spontaneously.: Version: Excel 2016 Operating Systems: Windows 7 + Windows 10 File location: Normal SMB-shared network locations Hi TenForums, I have a small issue that is occurring multiple times a month. I am looking for a way to get started in troubleshooting this and hopefully solving...
  9. Access to a shared folder on another PC denied for 1 user but accepted for another user.

Access to a shared folder on another PC denied for 1 user but accepted for another user.: This is really weird. I have 2 computers. Computer A has 1 shared folder. Computer B has 2 users. Both are administrators. But only 1 user can access the shared folder. The other user has to enter the network credentials. Also new users have no access. How is this possible?...
  10. share folders with one user only on another pc

share folders with one user only on another pc: lets say i have two pcs A and B. workgroup and etc configured. is it possible to share a folder in B with the user \A\User3 only?! i'm going crazy but can't find anything... thanks 64044