Windows 10: Sharing a Folder with BrotherMFC Laser Printer/Scanner

Discus and support Sharing a Folder with BrotherMFC Laser Printer/Scanner in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I currently have my BrotherMFC set up with an icon on the screen that will scan documents and place them on the desktop of my computer. In order to do... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ericnixmd, May 6, 2018.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Sharing a Folder with BrotherMFC Laser Printer/Scanner

I currently have my BrotherMFC set up with an icon on the screen that will scan documents and place them on the desktop of my computer. In order to do this, I had to share my desktop. I used my current user account (which is an administrator account tied to Outlook).

Should I create a separate user for this? I'm not sure how much it opens myself up to vulnerability when on a public network.

If I do create another user to enable sharing, is there a way to prevent a list of users being shown at the login screen?

:)

ericnixmd, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Sharing a Folder with BrotherMFC Laser Printer/Scanner

1. Sharing a Folder with BrotherMFC Laser Printer/Scanner - Similar Threads - Sharing Folder BrotherMFC

2. laser jet color printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laser jet color printer: what does error79mean on my HP Laser Jet Color Printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laser-jet-color-printer/94d7a79b-ba26-4675-b615-e1f9af49133b
  3. New Black Only Laser Printer, Scanner, Fax Recommendations?

New Black Only Laser Printer, Scanner, Fax Recommendations?: I'm looking to replace my 10 ten year old Brother inexpensive Laser printer with the above combo. Perhaps I would have been better served asking this question during the holiday season but nonetheless what inexpensive reliable brand/ model would you all recommend for light...
  4. Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue: Hi, I have a Win7pro PC that shares HP Officejet 800 on a local network. It's a small office of 6 Windows10 machines. The Win7pro machine has also a shared folder in case anyone would like to drop off the file to it and print it off the machine. All of it works well with...
  5. Brother Laser Printers

Brother Laser Printers: We have a Brother HL-3170CDW printer and a Brother HL-2170 printer and both of them started printing very faint, black text so faint that it is had to read. Have the latest printer firmware installed and the latest printer drivers. This is a problem with bot Windows 10 and...
  6. Sharing printer and folder difficulties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing printer and folder difficulties: Howdy. I have two Win10 PCs, one (desktop) running 1903 and the other 1909 (laptop). I have both set up identically in Advanced sharing settings, same profile, etc. Both are set to "Turn off password protected sharing" I shared a folder on the laptop, and I can access it...
  7. Looking for a laser desktop scanner

Looking for a laser desktop scanner: I've got a Brother laser printer which has been and still is superb, but having problems trying to find a decent desktop laser flatbed black scanner around the £50 mark hopefully by Brother as well but all I can find are expensive colour and black ink ones. Any...
  8. Looking for a laser desktop scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a laser desktop scanner: I've got a Brother laser printer which has been and still is superb, but having problems trying to find a decent desktop laser flatbed black scanner around the £50 mark hopefully by Brother as well but all I can find are expensive colour and black ink ones. Any...
  9. printer and scanner

printer and scanner: my scanner not show on destop so I can not scan any documents. Kindly help me. thanks Hariom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-and-scanner/40e6688e-ebb6-40e7-96e0-b371dbcb9733
  10. scanner and printer

scanner and printer: build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated [img] 5355

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SHARING A BROTHER SCANNER

2. how to activate the scanner on hl-l2390dw