Windows 10: Sharing a hard drive for Windows 10 Upgrade?

Discus and support Sharing a hard drive for Windows 10 Upgrade? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Following problem, can I share my SSD? I only have one to transfer Windows to the new PC but it has all my data from the old PC on it. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FidemPraestare, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Sharing a hard drive for Windows 10 Upgrade?

Hello,

Following problem, can I share my SSD? I only have one to transfer Windows to the new PC but it has all my data from the old PC on it. The NVme SSD is not compatible with the old PC.

Is there any way I can share the SSD?

:)

FidemPraestare, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Sharing a hard drive for Windows 10 Upgrade?

1. Sharing a hard drive for Windows 10 Upgrade? - Similar Threads - Sharing hard drive

2. External Hard drive sharing question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Hard drive sharing question: Hi there i was wondering you can help me. On my PC, i have setup an external hardrive so it is visible on a network and accesible via a smart hisense TV. Normally it works great but the past few days i have noticed that if i am watching something via the TV on my external...
  3. Sharing a hard drive across computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing a hard drive across computers: Hey everyone, I have multiple Windows 10 computers in my home, and I work with various art and video editing programs. I would like the hard drive that contains the work files and the raw assets to be shared among my computers so that I can edit from any computer in the...
  4. Upgraded hard drive for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded hard drive for Windows 10: Hello, I replaced an old HDD drive with SSD drive. I had a Windows 7 home edition on old hard disk. Now I am trying to re-use the same product key on Windows 10 installed fresh on new SSD. It is not allowing me to enter. Because it has different format and number of...
  5. Upgrading hard Drives

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading hard Drives: This is a custom built PC I want to buy a new system board & add a bigger SSD to my system an load my OS from it instead of the HDD. I have a digital licensefree upgrade in 2016 How does one go about this process? Am I able to reinstall my OS to a new drive and keep my...
  6. New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Hard Drive - Windows 10 Upgrade: I have a Lenovo G580 laptop that came with Windows 8 originally installed. After the Windows 10 release, I upgraded. The hard drive has been slowing down, so decided to replace with a SSHD. Before doing that, I did the Windows 10,1903 update, then I created a Windows...
  7. Is it possible to upgrade Windows 10 on an external hard drive?

Is it possible to upgrade Windows 10 on an external hard drive?: I have a "Windows To Go" hard drive (in other words, a Windows 10 Pro installion that is installed directly into an external USB hard drive), and I want to upgrade from version 1803 (RS4) to version 1809 (RS5). But when I try to update it says that I can't upgrade/install...
  8. upgrade to windows 10 with multiple hard drives

upgrade to windows 10 with multiple hard drives: i know its been asked before, but most of the related posts on the subject are almost 2 years old - millenia in computing terms so im looking to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 - instigated by experiencing an oculus VR headset and touch controllers over the weekend and reading...
  9. Sharing hard drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sharing hard drives: I'm running Windows 10 build 1803 on my desktop and notebook and have an external hard drive connected to my desktop. Connecting my external hard drive to my notebook was easy when Windows had Homegroup, but, now that it's gone, I am having a hard time in getting my notebook...
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive

Upgrading to Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive: A friend of mine currently has Windows 7 installed and wants to get a new hard drive and then upgrade to Windows 10. Whats the current way to do this? 59709