Windows 10: Sharing A HDD In Windows 10 PRO

Discus and support Sharing A HDD In Windows 10 PRO in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro and I want to share a hard drive across my private network. I go to the drive, click properties, sharing, advanced sharing, share... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WayneDT, Feb 15, 2019.

1. WayneDT Win User

Sharing A HDD In Windows 10 PRO

I have Windows 10 Pro and I want to share a hard drive across my private network. I go to the drive, click properties, sharing, advanced sharing, share this folder, permissions, everyone, full control (at this point they can see the shared drive and open it up, but get an "ACCESS DENIED" window when opening folders. When I try to ADD the USER of that same remote computer, it does not allow (even though network discovery is turned on) me to. From the computer that is holding the network share, how can I ADD users of remote computers within my private network when it is only seeing the computer that is holding the network share? How am I able to see the other remote computers on my private network from "PROPERTIES, ADVANCED SHARING, PERMISSIONS, ADD, SELECT USERS OR GROUPS window, LOCATIONS (FROM THIS LOCATION)"? PLEASE HELP!!!!

:)

WayneDT, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Sharing A HDD In Windows 10 PRO - Similar Threads - Sharing HDD PRO

2. Windows 10 Pro - ReactivationNew HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro - ReactivationNew HDD: Hello, I have recently upgraded my computer fully, with new motherboard and everything.. This new Computer also came with a pre-installed Hard Drive which already contained a Windows but not activated. I am now using this new computer and new HDD which it came with, but I...
  3. Windows 10 Pro - ReactivationNew HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro - ReactivationNew HDD: Hello, I have recently upgraded my computer fully, with new motherboard and everything.. This new Computer also came with a pre-installed Hard Drive which already contained a Windows but not activated. I am now using this new computer and new HDD which it came with, but I...
  4. Windows 10 Pro - ReactivationNew HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. replacing a windows 10 home HDD with a windows 10 Pro HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    replacing a windows 10 home HDD with a windows 10 Pro HDD: I have a new Lenovo laptop with windows 10 pro installed which I have personalized and been using over the last month. However, I need to trade/replace this computer for almost the same exact laptop different screen resolution, different cpu, however the HDD has windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 SHARING HDD, SOME WORKING but SOME NOT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 SHARING HDD, SOME WORKING but SOME NOT: HI I have a desktop with multiple HDD in it .. I have the appropriate windows sharing setting since I can share one of the HDD (the D drive) and connect to it from my laptop. With the same settings, I try to access the the "e drive" a physical internal separate HDD from the...
  7. Sharing on a Windows 10 Pro workgroup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing on a Windows 10 Pro workgroup: I setup a share on a Windows 10 pro computer so that others can map to it via \\hostname\share. The issue is that when I try mapping to it from another computer on the workgroup it prompts for creds. When I enter the creds of the local admin user and click save credentials is...
  8. Sharing on "Public" Network in Windows 10 Pro?

Sharing on "Public" Network in Windows 10 Pro?: Is it indeed possible to share files over a "public" network among computers in the same workgroup? If so, are there special tricks to pull this off? I have been advised elsewhere that, "[Microsoft] have broken networking in Windows 10" and that, "if you choose a Public...
  9. How to share HDD via LAN in Windows 10

How to share HDD via LAN in Windows 10: Hello, I am trying to make all HDD's of one PC available to another, and vice versa. Both Computers are in the same WORKGROUP. I right-clicked the drive, select 'advanced sharing', enabled sharing and set permissions for "everybody" to "full access". Yet, when I try to...
  10. Running Windows 10 Pro On USB HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running Windows 10 Pro On USB HDD?: Hi everyone, I hate to be creating a thread about this, but I know this community has many I.T experts! I'm running Windows 10 Pro 32bit on my laptop, but I need to remove the laptop's HDD and so the laptop will be without a HDD. Could I plug in a USB HDD and run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sharing hdd on win to

2. win 10 make shared hdd

3. win hdd pro