Windows 10: Sharing a printer

Discus and support Sharing a printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a computer running windows 7 & 2 computers running windows 10 pro. At the moment one of the Windows 10 computers and the Windows 7 computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by greshoff, May 14, 2018.

1. greshoff Win User

Sharing a printer

I have a computer running windows 7 & 2 computers running windows 10 pro. At the moment one of the Windows 10 computers and the Windows 7 computer share the printer connected to the windows 10 computer via a homegroup.

What I want to do is replace the Windows 10 computer with a newly built computer and share the printer with the Windows 7 computer. I am unsure how to do this. I have enabled sharing on the windows 10 computer but the windows 7 computer cannot 'see' the new windows 10 computer nor find the printer attached to it.

Any help would be much appreciated

:)

greshoff, May 14, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Printer Sharing

Hi Bransby,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps

Computer you are sharing from

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Find your printer

3. Right click on the printer

4. Select “Printer properties"

5. Click on the sharing tab

6. Check "sharing this printer"

7. Give the printer a Name

8. Click apply

Computer you are trying to share to:

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Check for printer the devices and printers.

3. if it is not there click "add printer"

4. If the printer does not show up click “The printer that i wanted wasn't list"

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, May 16, 2018
  3. Shared printer no longer accessible after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

• Enter Devices and Printers in the search box, and then tap or click
      Devices and Printers.

• Under Printers, press and hold or right-click the printer you want to share, and then select
      Printer properties.

If you don't see the printer you want to share, you'll need to add it. For info, see

Install a printer

• Tap or click the Sharing tab.

• If you see a button that says Change Sharing Options, tap or click it. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

• Select Share this printer.

• Tap or click OK.
    Note: Above article also applies to Windows 10.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Sharing a printer

1. Sharing a printer - Similar Threads - Sharing printer

2. Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC: Been using the printer from another networked Win 10 PC for a year. Works just fine locally on USB-connected Win 10 PC. Win 11 PC can see the Win 10 PC and can see the printer. Attempts to connect to the printer fail. Attempts to connect to the C: drive on Win 10 PC fail. Win...
  3. Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC: Been using the printer from another networked Win 10 PC for a year. Works just fine locally on USB-connected Win 10 PC. Win 11 PC can see the Win 10 PC and can see the printer. Attempts to connect to the printer fail. Attempts to connect to the C: drive on Win 10 PC fail. Win...
  4. I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer: I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a network printer or print on a shared / network printer . please assist in setting up by adding the network printer....
  5. I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer

I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer: I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a network printer or print on a shared / network printer . please assist in setting up by adding the network printer....
  6. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  7. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  8. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  9. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  10. cannot share my printer: this is all the further i can go PLEASE Help

cannot share my printer: this is all the further i can go PLEASE Help: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin Source: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Date: 3/1/2024 12:15:08 PM Event ID: 215 Task Category: Installing a printer driver Level: Error Keywords: Printer Setup,Printer User: ZERO-POINT\petey Computer: ZERO-POINT Description:...