Windows 10: sharing apps amongst users

Discus and support sharing apps amongst users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how to share my apps that are on my PC with other users on the same PC?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by VeeAreAre, Feb 14, 2019.

1. VeeAreAre Win User

sharing apps amongst users

how to share my apps that are on my PC with other users on the same PC?

:)

VeeAreAre, Feb 14, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 14, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. sharing apps amongst users - Similar Threads - sharing apps amongst

2. Audio not working at all amongst other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio not working at all amongst other issues: Hi,Please can you tell me when you are likely to be releasing a fix to the latest update?My laptop had been working perfectly since I bought it Win10, upgraded to Win11.Since the last large update, I have had no sound whatsoever amongst other issues.I have contacted support...
  3. Do shared user profiles apps modify the apps for all other users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do shared user profiles apps modify the apps for all other users?: So I'm using a PC with two different Microsoft user profiles and want to share apps between these users, so all of them can use the installed apps. My question is, if one user uses and modifies the app, does it modify it the same for all the other users or do these changes in...
  4. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.: HiI was looking for a way to share some apps in my account to my brother account. For example, I have program X in my account. But another user can't use app and have to install it again. This will take entire space in my PC and I don't know what to do....
  5. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.: HiI was looking for a way to share some apps in my account to my brother account. For example, I have program X in my account. But another user can't use app and have to install it again. This will take entire space in my PC and I don't know what to do....
  6. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sharing Windows Store app installation with other users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing Windows Store app installation with other users: Hi all, I can't believe I'm asking something that should be very simple but I've played around and Googled it and I can't find any answers. On my account I bought Forza Horizon a while ago through the Windows Store. I've now set up child accounts for my kids on the same PC...
  8. Add share an app to a 2nd Windows 10 USER

Add share an app to a 2nd Windows 10 USER: Running W10 Home 64bit level 1909 on laptop PC. I downloaded and installed app Audacity to my main user account myself. My granddaughter has her own account user logon on that PC and of course her access is somewhat restricted. I want her user logon to be able to...
  9. Multiple users sharing same Windows 10 App

Multiple users sharing same Windows 10 App: If I want multiple users to share the same Windows Store app, in this case Kodi media player, it looks like I have to go into the store and install it for each user. Does that mean that the app actually gets downloaded and repeated in each user's folder? So now if I want 4...
  10. Share apps between users

Share apps between users: Hi I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I've had a bit of a look and can't find it. I got a win 10 pc for my son's for Christmas so they can do some light gaming and homework. They both have thier own login for the pc. My question is can I download an app/game from...