Windows 10: Sharing apps family account separate computers

Discus and support Sharing apps family account separate computers in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, Looking for how to share apps with my children. I have bought a game Minecraft for Windows 10 from my Microsoft Account. My children have their... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ØHagerup, Jul 10, 2020.

1. ØHagerup Win User

Sharing apps family account separate computers

Hi,

Looking for how to share apps with my children.

I have bought a game Minecraft for Windows 10 from my Microsoft Account.

My children have their own computers with their own microsoft accounts.

Their accouts is linked to mine through Microsoft Family.

I find their device at account.microsoft.com/family

But how can I download Minecraft on their computers?

I have googled and it seems it should somehow be possible, but I am running into dead ends.

This should be straightforward, but it seems I need help to figure it out!

:)

ØHagerup, Jul 10, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. sharing apps and xbox music with my family

But this will make my messages seen by my daughter. I didn't have this problems with iPhone. iPhone allows to have separate iCloud account and single store. Having 9% of the market share I would suggest Microsoft start to think more about Family needs

loxourloxour, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Sharing apps family account separate computers

App sharing in Windows Apps Store

My situation: I have a Microsoft family account with 2 children accounts and linking my wife as another parent.

Simple questions regarding Apps purchasing/sharing rights:

• Can the siblings with children accounts share apps with one another without
      having to re-purchase them?
    • Can the parent purchase an app and share the apps with his children without having to re-purchase them?
    • Can 2 linked parents in the same family (with 2 separate Microsoft accounts) share apps
      without having to re-purchase them?
    • Where does Microsoft post the policies about these concerns. I am sure millions of users are asking the same questions.
    I have the exact same questions for apps purchasing in Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windowsphone 8.1.

Wayne

WayneNguyen, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Sharing apps family account separate computers

1. Sharing apps family account separate computers - Similar Threads - Sharing apps family

2. DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.: DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-family-sharing-microsoft-account/6cfaa671-9c73-46bb-a6dc-0ba002889acf
  3. DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.: DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-family-sharing-microsoft-account/6cfaa671-9c73-46bb-a6dc-0ba002889acf
  4. Family Sharing Apps and Minecraft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Family Sharing Apps and Minecraft: I have followed the silly process for "family sharing" that everyone is directed to here. I purchased Minecraft on my account, logged into the PC with my daughter's account, logged her account out of the store, logged myself in to the store, installed Minecraft, then set the...
  5. Family Sharing Apps and Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Sharing Apps and Minecraft: I have followed the silly process for "family sharing" that everyone is directed to here. I purchased Minecraft on my account, logged into the PC with my daughter's account, logged her account out of the store, logged myself in to the store, installed Minecraft, then set the...
  6. Family Sharing Apps and Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Game share with family accounts on same computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game share with family accounts on same computer: Is there a way to share without each account having to install the game again? For example, I have FS2020 installed but when my son tries to start the game under his login, it wants to install the 100GB again. Steam only requires one installation. We can get around that by...
  8. Sharing Apps between accounts on the same computer

Sharing Apps between accounts on the same computer: Longtime Windows users but first time owner. I purchased a laptop as a family computer and created an admin account for myself and added my kids. I first installed CHROME free 3rd party and then went to the app store and downloaded MINECRAFT paid for in app store. CHROME,...
  9. Separating Accounts On The Same Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separating Accounts On The Same Computer: So I have a desktop and I'm trying to set it up for both me and my mom to use it so I created her a local account. The problem that I'm having is every time I install a program or change a setting or add a file it automatically does the same on her account. So how do I...
  10. Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate

Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate: Hi, I haven't been able to find anything that confirms 100% that if you have two parent accounts within the same family group that those two accounts remain completely separate. I realise they will both have control over any child accounts in the same group, but can anyone...