Windows 10: sharing between computers

Discus and support sharing between computers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; when I create a shortcut on one desktop it then appears on all my desktops. It's driving me crazy, how do I turn this feature off submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/surfer812, Jan 4, 2020.

1. sharing between computers

when I create a shortcut on one desktop it then appears on all my desktops. It's driving me crazy, how do I turn this feature off

submitted by /u/surfer812
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/surfer812, Jan 4, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 4, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Jan 4, 2020
  4. SUB
    SuB Win User

sharing between computers

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

sharing between computers

1. sharing between computers - Similar Threads - sharing between computers

2. Share webcam between computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share webcam between computers: I have a 2 port KVM switch for keyboard and mouse but also want to share a webcam between computers. Can I use a USB adapter or do I need to get a 3 or 4 port KVM switch?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Excel / For business / Windows***...
  3. Share webcam between computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share webcam between computers: I have a 2 port KVM switch for keyboard and mouse but also want to share a webcam between computers. Can I use a USB adapter or do I need to get a 3 or 4 port KVM switch?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Excel / For business / Windows***...
  4. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  5. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Support
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  6. Sharing Between Computers on Ethernet

Sharing Between Computers on Ethernet: I am baffled by how Windows 10 handles file sharing between computers these days. I remember the Homegroup option was a little wonky, but at least it worked. Here's the situation. I have my whole home wired with Cat 6 Ethernet. Every port is connected to one switch. Each...
  7. Can't share between computers anymore

Can't share between computers anymore: For quite some time now, I've been using a simple sharing setup to share a folder from each of my laptops to the others. On each laptop, I turned on network discovery, turned off password protected sharing, and shared the folder I wanted (C:\Network Folder) with "everyone"...
  8. Share Data Between the two Computers

Share Data Between the two Computers: I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between the two computers \ I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between them. Some times I can see both computers and sometimes I cant. [Original Title: Roy]...
  9. sharing files between computers.

sharing files between computers.: Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive. both computers are on the same network...
  10. share file between computers

share file between computers: Trying to share files between computers on same Wifi network but when I click on file to share.. Share icon is gray and not available to click on. Using Win 10 home edition and other computer is using Win 10 pro...