Windows 10: sharing between windows 10 and XP

Discus and support sharing between windows 10 and XP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi to all i have installed printer model HP laserjet1300 on windows 10 machine now i want to share this printer with a machine running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by agri, Sep 20, 2017.

1. agri Win User

sharing between windows 10 and XP

Hi to all

i have installed printer model HP laserjet1300 on windows 10 machine now i want to share this printer with a machine running Windows XP.but i failed to succeed.
    is it possible or there is no compatibility between both windows for purpose of sharing printer??

:)

2. bboscar Win User

File sharing between Win 10 and XP

It had not clicked with me that your printer had a network card. My set-up is simply the printer locally on the Win10 machine and the XP machine networked with the Win10 machine.

I'm wondering if one could use the USB cable to plug directly into the Router?

An idea to play with! But all is good now. Thanks for your help.

Oscar.

bboscar, Sep 20, 2017
  3. bboscar Win User
    File sharing between Win 10 and XP

Thanks George.

"Install printer software on both machines".

Do you mean install as a local printer on both machines?

Oscar

bboscar, Sep 20, 2017
  4. sharing between windows 10 and XP

Hi agri.

Rather than sharing a printer through a computer have you considered attaching your printer directly to the router and making it a network printer? I believe your device has both a USB and Lan port.

This would mean you could print from XP device without having to turn on the Windows 10 machine.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 20, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    You have to install the drivers for the OS on the machine that it is attached to. It is easier to just get a NAS or a router that allows you to plug a USB printer in or get a Wireless capable print server that you can have the printer communicate with the network.

bro67, Sep 21, 2017
  6. agri Win User
    it has no lan port its an old version printer @bro67 @caledon

7. Does your XP machine see your Windows 10 machine on the network?

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

sharing between windows 10 and XP

1. sharing between windows 10 and XP - Similar Threads - sharing between

2. Easy Guide: How to Network and Share Files Between Windows 10 and macOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Easy Guide: How to Network and Share Files Between Windows 10 and macOS: In this article, we show you how to setup a network between computers running Windows 10 and macOS. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow from...
  3. Ethernet on Windows 10 works fine, but can't enable file sharing between two computers on...

Ethernet on Windows 10 works fine, but can't enable file sharing between two computers on...: My network has two Windows 10 PCs and a variety of other devices, all connected to a Verizon gigabit router via Ethernet - specifically, via a Netgear Ethernet switch and a single Cat 6 cable to the router. Everything works fine, except that I cannot share files between the...
  4. Unable to share files between PCs over Ethernet

Unable to share files between PCs over Ethernet: 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH! 3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^) 4)...
  5. How to share files between two computers over the network?

How to share files between two computers over the network?: What is Network permissions, I am trying to connect two computers together over the network and receive this message unable to connect ,to ... see your network adiministrator for network permission. ***Modified title from: Networkimg , permission ***...
  6. Shared clipboard between Hyper-V VM and Win 10 host

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Shared clipboard between Hyper-V VM and Win 10 host: Does Hyper-V support shared clipboard with host. I can't see any way to do it and it's a feature I really miss from Oracle VB. 141251
  7. share all files between 2 pc's on the same private LAN

share all files between 2 pc's on the same private LAN: I have a desktop PC and a mobile PC, both have the latest version of windows 10, on both I use the same microsoft account for login. After much fiddling with sharing settings both are able to see each other again, but there are no persmissions to acces files or folders....
  8. accessing shared folder between 8.1 and 10

accessing shared folder between 8.1 and 10: I know, I know. My kids use a laptop with 8.1 (at least until I can afford a replacement). I have a laptop with 10. We need access to the files on each other's systems. 10 does not use homegroups anymore. I have set my laptop to file sharing but I am still not seeing how...
  9. Help: Cant share a hard drive between computers!

Help: Cant share a hard drive between computers!: Hey there. I built a new PC using my old PC for storage and media. I have 2 legit copies of windows 10 home on but PC well say are called kus1 and kus2. Both are registered and are found under 1 outlook email as well do they are all in the same account. On kus1 I have a...
  10. Has anyone ever been able to share files between two Windows 10 computers? If so, how?

Has anyone ever been able to share files between two Windows 10 computers? If so, how?: Today a Microsoft support tech took control of my two Windows 10 computers and spent an hour trying to set up file sharing. He failed. Can it be done?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 xp sharing

2. windows 10 to xp sharing

3. windows 10 file sharing on windows xp

4. between windows 10 and windows xp,
  5. file sharing between win 10 and xp,
  6. File sharing Between Windows XP and Windows 10,
  7. windows 10 sharing with xp,
  8. sharing win 10 win xp