Windows 10: sharing between windows 10 and XP

Discus and support sharing between windows 10 and XP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi to all i have installed printer model HP laserjet1300 on windows 10 machine now i want to share this printer with a machine running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by agri, Sep 20, 2017.

1. agri Win User

sharing between windows 10 and XP

Hi to all

i have installed printer model HP laserjet1300 on windows 10 machine now i want to share this printer with a machine running Windows XP.but i failed to succeed.
    is it possible or there is no compatibility between both windows for purpose of sharing printer??

:)

2. bboscar Win User

File sharing between Win 10 and XP

It had not clicked with me that your printer had a network card. My set-up is simply the printer locally on the Win10 machine and the XP machine networked with the Win10 machine.

I'm wondering if one could use the USB cable to plug directly into the Router?

An idea to play with! But all is good now. Thanks for your help.

Oscar.

bboscar, Sep 20, 2017
  3. bboscar Win User
    File sharing between Win 10 and XP

Thanks George.

"Install printer software on both machines".

Do you mean install as a local printer on both machines?

Oscar

bboscar, Sep 20, 2017
  4. sharing between windows 10 and XP

Hi agri.

Rather than sharing a printer through a computer have you considered attaching your printer directly to the router and making it a network printer? I believe your device has both a USB and Lan port.

This would mean you could print from XP device without having to turn on the Windows 10 machine.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 20, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    You have to install the drivers for the OS on the machine that it is attached to. It is easier to just get a NAS or a router that allows you to plug a USB printer in or get a Wireless capable print server that you can have the printer communicate with the network.

bro67, Sep 21, 2017
  6. agri Win User
    it has no lan port its an old version printer @bro67 @caledon

7. Does your XP machine see your Windows 10 machine on the network?

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

sharing between windows 10 and XP

1. sharing between windows 10 and XP - Similar Threads - sharing between

2. how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network: how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-files-and-printing-between-win-10-pro/430c90ef-ddf3-4f65-88bb-639000867472
  3. Share webcam between computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share webcam between computers: I have a 2 port KVM switch for keyboard and mouse but also want to share a webcam between computers. Can I use a USB adapter or do I need to get a 3 or 4 port KVM switch?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Excel / For business / Windows***...
  4. Share webcam between computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share webcam between computers: I have a 2 port KVM switch for keyboard and mouse but also want to share a webcam between computers. Can I use a USB adapter or do I need to get a 3 or 4 port KVM switch?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Excel / For business / Windows***...
  5. File Share between Win 95 & Win 10/11

File Share between Win 95 & Win 10/11: Hey,We have a very old win 95 machine that runs a robot.We wanted to know if anyone can help us setup an smb file share between a win 95 and win 10/11so far we created a shared folder on the win 95, and shared it across the network.the win 10, partially connects to the point...
  6. File Share between Win 95 & Win 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Share between Win 95 & Win 10/11: Hey,We have a very old win 95 machine that runs a robot.We wanted to know if anyone can help us setup an smb file share between a win 95 and win 10/11so far we created a shared folder on the win 95, and shared it across the network.the win 10, partially connects to the point...
  7. File Share between Win 95 & Win 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Share between Win 95 & Win 10/11: Hey,We have a very old win 95 machine that runs a robot.We wanted to know if anyone can help us setup an smb file share between a win 95 and win 10/11so far we created a shared folder on the win 95, and shared it across the network. the win 10, partially connects to the point...
  8. File Share between Win 95 & Win 10/11

File Share between Win 95 & Win 10/11: Hey,We have a very old win 95 machine that runs a robot.We wanted to know if anyone can help us setup an smb file share between a win 95 and win 10/11so far we created a shared folder on the win 95, and shared it across the network. the win 10, partially connects to the point...
  9. File Share between Win 95 & Win 10/11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Why can I no longer connect and share files between computers on home network when I could...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I no longer connect and share files between computers on home network when I could...: Yesterday I could connect to both my laptop and desktop over the network. Nothing has changed except I shut down both computers overnight, something I do on a regular basis without affecting my ability to share back and forth between my computers. Today I can see both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 xp sharing

2. sharing faiis win 10 to win xp

3. windows 10 to xp sharing

4. windows 10 file sharing on windows xp,
  5. between windows 10 and windows xp,
  6. file sharing between win 10 and xp,
  7. File sharing Between Windows XP and Windows 10,
  8. windows 10 sharing with xp,
  9. sharing win 10 win xp