Windows 10: Sharing between wired/wireless network at home

Discus and support Sharing between wired/wireless network at home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey all, I've done a lot of searching for this but can't seem to find an answer (and maybe there isn't one!), but I am trying to have my new laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fablezim, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Fablezim Win User

Sharing between wired/wireless network at home

Hey all,

I've done a lot of searching for this but can't seem to find an answer (and maybe there isn't one!), but I am trying to have my new laptop (windows 10) appear in the Network tab on my desktop (also windows 10). The issue is my desktop is plugged in using ethernet that connects to a switch, that connects to the router, and the laptop is using the wireless directly from the router. My desktop has no issues detecting other things plugged into the switch, but it won't seem to find anything on the wireless network.

This also makes it difficult to map network drives as it should be looking for something over the wireless network but sometimes has issues getting there. Is there a way to primarily make my laptop simply appear in the Network list from my desktop?

Thanks!

:)

Fablezim, Aug 3, 2018
  2. brummyfan Win User

Wireless network issue

Right click start button(far left in task bar), go to Device manager, expand Network Adapters, right click Wi-Fi select Properties and find the version of your driver in Drivers tab.

Sharing between wired/wireless network at home [​IMG]

brummyfan, Aug 3, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    wireless network

Vista or XP?

You need to go in and delete the network. Then it will pick it up again, and ask you to enter the key again.

On Vista, you do this by going into Networking and Sharing Center. The click on Customize, then click on Merge or delete network locations. Find the SSID of the router in the list, and delete it.

On XP, I believe you have to go to Network Connections, then right click on your Wireless Adaptor. Go to Status, and there should be a button to Manage Wireless Networks, that should take you to where you need to be to delete the network.

newtekie1, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Sharing between wired/wireless network at home

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Sharing between wired/wireless network at home

1. Sharing between wired/wireless network at home - Similar Threads - Sharing between wired

2. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  3. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  4. network sharing between PC and Laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network sharing between PC and Laptop?: I have 3 drives on my PC with windows 10. Need to share on of these drives with my laptop with windows 10.These 2 units are placed in different rooms with the same network at home.Thanks...
  5. Home network to share files between laptops phone etc.

Home network to share files between laptops phone etc.: Greetings. I have laptops running Win10 Pro, android phone, tablet, plus smart TV and various other devices that are capable of file storage/exchange. NO APPLE PRODUCTS! They are not permitted on my premises, period! Anyway, I would like some input on what the easiest way to...
  6. unable to share OneDrive files between users on the home network

unable to share OneDrive files between users on the home network: I have two computers on my home WiFi network: A desktop PC, a Microsoft Surface Book SB. I do: On PC * copy some files from the PC to OneDrive * at OneDrive Give access to>Specific people>Everyone. * copy the link and email to SB On SB * the message says [ATTACH]...
  7. Losing Network Shares when switching between wired and wireless

Losing Network Shares when switching between wired and wireless: Hoping someone out there has experienced and resolved this or has a clue for me to try. Thanks all and all responses appreciated. BACKGROUND: Some background first so as to avoid confusion. I have been researching a fix for a long time and have tried a lot! I am also a...
  8. Having trouble distinguishing between wired and wireless networks

Having trouble distinguishing between wired and wireless networks: My PC has two Gb Ethernet adapters and a WiFi adapter. One of the Ethernet ports is not connected to anything and the other is connected to the router via a Gb switch. The router provides three WiFi networks: KRPMD, KRPMD-5G, and a hidden guest network. I've just replaced...
  9. Home group/network sharing

Home group/network sharing: I have a Desktop with Windows 7 and a Laptop with Windows 10. At an earlier date I was able to share files with both by turning on Home Group on Windows 7 and sharing folders in Network Sharing on my Laptop. I have since had to reinstall my Windows 10 on my Laptop; and...
  10. How to setup a wired network between routers

How to setup a wired network between routers: Hi there I am trying to set up a wired network with the following: Main router linked to internet = Asus DSL N66U with IP set to 192.168.1.1 (network 1) I have then wired a link to the following Tenda wireless N300 Router IP 192.168.1.1 (network 2) I was not able to add...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wired to wireless network sharing