Windows 10: sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter

Discus and support sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi so, I am trying to make the following: (idB)USB wifi as Access Point <---WALL---> Windows 10 Pro Laptop <----WALL---> (idA)USB wifi connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thegh0st, May 4, 2021.

1. thegh0st Win User

sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter

hi so, I am trying to make the following: (idB)USB wifi as Access Point <---WALL---> Windows 10 Pro Laptop <----WALL---> (idA)USB wifi connected to internet idA is an Alfa networks long range wifi adapter idB USB is located 4 meters away from idA USB and two concrete walls in the middle I have attempted to used Windows 10 sharing, but I ended up with idA USB adapter expanding the network, which is pointless since its behind a concrete wall. I found Connectify Hotspot Pro, but it ended up doing the same thing even when I used their special network. I have attempted to create a virtual ethernet adapter and share it, failed, windows allways creates the access point in the idA USB. Please do not answer : use an ethernet cable, I want to use 1 laptop, two USB adapters! Windows 10 Pro OS build (19042.685)

:)

thegh0st, May 4, 2021

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, May 5, 2021
  3. thegh0st Win User

hi

so, I am trying to make the following:

(idB)USB wifi as Access Point <---WALL---> Windows 10 Pro Laptop <----WALL---> (idA)USB wifi connected to internet

idA is an Alfa networks long range wifi adapter
    idB USB is located 4 meters away from idA USB and two concrete walls in the middle

I have attempted to used Windows 10 sharing, but I ended up with idA USB adapter expanding the network, which is pointless since its behind a concrete wall.
    I found Connectify Hotspot Pro, but it ended up doing the same thing even when I used their special network.
    I have attempted to create a virtual ethernet adapter and share it, failed, windows allways creates the access point in the idA USB.
    Please do not answer : use an ethernet cable, I want to use 1 laptop, two USB adapters!

Windows 10 Pro OS build (19042.685)

thegh0st, May 5, 2021
  4. sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter

usb wifi adapter connected, no internet

I think you have not choose perfect USB Wifi adapter for gaming. To choose perfect adapter there are few things that you have to keep in mind.
    Check out below info graphic for that.

rosaandreas78, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter - Similar Threads - sharing connection usb

2. Problems with Wifi USB Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Wifi USB Adapter: Hi, I have some problems with a TP-Link Archer T3U Plus AC1300, in particular my connection sometimes freezing and drops and in general it is very slow. I shot a video about this problem here. In order to understand the problem:I have done the same speedtest to another pc...
  3. Problems with Wifi USB Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Wifi USB Adapter: Hi, I have some problems with a TP-Link Archer T3U Plus AC1300, in particular my connection sometimes freezing and drops and in general it is very slow. I shot a video about this problem here. In order to understand the problem:I have done the same speedtest to another pc...
  4. USB wifi adapter is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB wifi adapter is not working: Hi, I recently purchased a USB wifi adapter. However, I'm having some issues with it, after installation I received an error message "Access violation at address 100417cf in module RaWLAPI.dll" The wifi networks are not showing. I tried restarting and using diffrent port but...
  5. USB wifi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wifi adapter not working: Hi everyoneI've recently bought a USB wifi dongle but i haven't been able to use it yet. I connect the USB to my pc and then install the driver but when the installation finishes this error occurs: "Access violation at address 100417CF in module 'RaWLAPI.dll'" and I can't see...
  6. USB wifi adapter not recognized as one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wifi adapter not recognized as one: I have recently made a new gaming rig and to save money I didn't activate windows and decided to use an old wifi adapter but it wasn't recognized as a adapter but as a "Other Devices" Is there a solution or do I have to buy a new adapter?...
  7. Choose usb wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Choose usb wifi adapter: Hi, Currently, copper mixed fiber networks go down on average 40 Mbps, there are usb wifi adapter 2.0 and 3.0 like these: Archer T2U Plus | AC600 High Gain Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter | TP-Link USB 2.0 Data Transfer Rate 600 Megabits (Mbps) Speed in 2.4GHz up to 200Mbps...
  8. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi: Hello I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi. I am using Windows 10 The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps I have also one USB mini wifi adapter...
  9. usb wifi nano adapter

usb wifi nano adapter: on my laptop im having internet issues where it it will cut out every few minutes this issue is only on one device so isnt the modem will getting a usb nano wifi adapter fix the cutting out issues?...
  10. usb wifi adapter connected, no internet

usb wifi adapter connected, no internet: It reports connected, no internet. This happened to a tp-link usb and a netgear, both new. Confusing. Turns out, its a Windows 10 update. I tried both usb wifi adapters, editing the registry removing leftover entries between installs. Still happened on both. Restored...