Windows 10: sharing connection with another pc

Discus and support sharing connection with another pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; im needing to fix another hp pc and use the pc im on now, how do i go about linking them together?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bristolshirley, Feb 13, 2019.

1. sharing connection with another pc

im needing to fix another hp pc and use the pc im on now, how do i go about linking them together?

:)

bristolshirley, Feb 13, 2019
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 13, 2019
  4. sharing connection with another pc

Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

sharing connection with another pc

1. sharing connection with another pc - Similar Threads - sharing connection another

2. Connect to another PC LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to another PC LAN: Hello, I have a simple problem and I hope to get a straight answer:"How can I know my WINDOWS credentials?"Both computers are connected to the same Microsoft account, I used to use the account mail address and password as credentials but since I'm using the new "passwordless"...
  3. Connect to another PC LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to another PC LAN: Hello, I have a simple problem and I hope to get a straight answer:"How can I know my WINDOWS credentials?"Both computers are connected to the same Microsoft account, I used to use the account mail address and password as credentials but since I'm using the new "passwordless"...
  4. Connect to another PC LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Sharing a folder on a PC with a user on another PC

Sharing a folder on a PC with a user on another PC: I know the basics of network sharing, but it only works for me if I specify sharing with Everyone. Here are my two problems: 1. I want to share a folder on one PC with a specific person working on another PC. I get to where I have to type a name and then click Add.......
  6. Another internet connection sharing (ICS) issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Another internet connection sharing (ICS) issue: So I've got two PCs running Windows 1903, one laptop, one desktop. I cannot run an ethernet cable to my router, but I can run one from my laptop to my desktop. I enabled ICS and BOOM, it was awesome at first. Now it's shockingly sluggish and I'm lucky if I get any data...
  7. Connecting to another PC / laptop

Connecting to another PC / laptop: Why so difficult to connect to another nearby PC via WiFi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-another-pc-laptop/c4f1c234-0fce-456c-89ba-37bbca68e8db
  8. Connect to USB on another PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect to USB on another PC: I have a secondary printer connected to a PC via USB and I would like to use it from another computer across the network for printing envelopes without using remote desktop, is it possible? 102054
  9. Cannot access a shared folder on another PC

Cannot access a shared folder on another PC: I have 3 PCs on a network using Windows 10. I have a shared folder on one PC. Of the other 2 PCs, one can access the folder and the other cannot. The one that cannot is asking for network credentials. Just the other day the 2 PCs could access the shared folders. I did not set...
  10. Sharing permissions and access from another PC

Sharing permissions and access from another PC: Hi all, I'm sure I'm missing something really simple but so far I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure this out and have all but given up and was hoping someone here might be able to give me some advice? I currently have three PCs (Two Win10s and a Win7) on a...