Windows 10: Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing

Discus and support Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing from the folder properties view, I tried to set Remove Security tab to disabled and many other things, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Burgil222, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Burgil222 Win User

Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing

Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing from the folder properties view,

I tried to set Remove Security tab to disabled and many other things,

I am really an expert on this I tried everything you can think of including DISM and SFC /scannow many many times

I'm facing this problem for the past few hours and can't resolve it, Tried many solutions and fixes but none had any effect on the problem.

I'm still able to view those tabs on file properties such as Security and etc.

Please is there anything that can be done to fix that?

This locked question is exactly the same as mine and I tried everything there a couple times and restarted my PC many times and nothing helped, please.

From the desktop: >>

Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing db7397f3-7bdb-4c71-9e56-d53f5dd5694c?upload=true.jpg

Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing e1d8a8ac-f479-431f-b394-3bac68e15093?upload=true.jpg

Same problem on another drive not on the desktopC:\: >>

Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing 9a871e56-27cc-4081-b47d-20a273511835?upload=true.jpg

Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing ba0e85fc-aa8e-44a3-a491-fb144cfa7e87?upload=true.png

Same problem on other drives: Notice the default Owner is SYSTEM on drive D:\ >>

Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing 5abf5cb6-1327-4e3b-a525-c3505e4f170c?upload=true.jpg

And I tried to change drive F: Owner to Administrators as seen above ^^
    Since I saw this is the default owner of drive on another PC
    But that hasn't fixed the problem and I decided to leave drive D:\ on Owner: SYSTEM the default both were using
    And drive F:\ on Owner: Administrator - For testing purposes, But both drives with the same problem,

I also tried many other Owners and the ~takeown /f command and to reset the permissions of the entire PC to default,
    But nothing has changed, Everything remained exactly the same no matter how many things I tried,
    I also restored the "HKEY
    ..._ROOT\Folder" key using another computer and still nothing has changed, Same issue.

Thank you for reading and for trying to help :

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

:)

Burgil222, Mar 10, 2021

2. "Share" Button missing in File Explorer for Nearby Sharing

I followed the procedure given in the link, also removed the registry entry from the blocked list of keys, still, there is no Green Share button to use Nearby Sharing.

I guess you didn't understand my question properly?

ArnavVarshney, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Sharing tab missing in Folder Properties on Windows 10

When right clicking on any folder and selecting properties, the tab "Sharing" is missing.

Things I have tried:

• Checking "Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended)" in Folder Options
    • Enabling Network discovery and Sharing in Network settings
    • Clicking Share at the top and selecting "Advanced Sharing Options"
    None of these have worked.

JacktheSmack, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing

"Share" Button missing in File Explorer for Nearby Sharing

Hi, ArnavVarshney

My name is Maritza and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Sharing tab is missing in Windows 10 Folder Properties box. In Windows, if you right-click on any folder and select Properties, in the Folder Properties, you will several options such as General, Sharing, Security, Previous Versions and Customize.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/sharing-tab-is-m...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

MaritzaCapiro, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing

1. Sharing, Customize and Security tabs missing - Similar Threads - Sharing Customize Security

2. Security Tab is missing in some files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Tab is missing in some files.: For certain files the security tab is missing in properties WIndows 10. The problem is only on some files and other are fine. I have tried to adjust the policy definitions - didnt workTried to update the regisrty in powershell admin - didnt workThe problems comes up when I...
  3. Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security: Any one pls help also this is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-tabs-and-options-windows-security/88713677-2202-46ee-bbd7-9ce10f29cc68
  4. Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security: Any one pls help also this is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-tabs-and-options-windows-security/88713677-2202-46ee-bbd7-9ce10f29cc68
  5. Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Sharing, Customize and Security tabs are missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing, Customize and Security tabs are missing: Sharing, Customize and Security tabs are missing from the folder properties view, I tried to set Remove Security tab to disabled and many other things, ---------------------------- a suggested policies fix:grpedit.msc - Remove Security tab -> Disabled.a suggested registery...
  7. Share tab missing win10

Share tab missing win10: Hdd's mounted as volumes, unable to share. Security Accounts Manager and Server are set to automatic and are running. I got a few to share a while ago but when I go to share new ones they come up blank and I can't remember what I did the first time. [ATTACH]...
  8. Security Tab Missing on Folders

Security Tab Missing on Folders: Good day, I was installing a game and need to patch it so that it would work on windows 10 but a patch won't be applied unless I access the security tab to change the permission to full control. What to do ?...
  9. Sharing tab missing in properties

Sharing tab missing in properties: I have Win 10 Home 64 bit. In my Win 7 there used to be a Share tab in file properties. In my Win 10 this tab is missing in properties. Any help in recovering it would be appreciated. As additional information, I am the sole user of the PC with only the one account that...
  10. Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing: Right click empty part of taskbar, go to "properties". I have 3 tabs. Taskbar, navigation, and toolbars. According to several sites I have read, I should also have a "start menu" tab with a "customization" button to change some things on the left side of the start menu, and...