Windows 10: Sharing data between 2 home laptops

Discus and support Sharing data between 2 home laptops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently rebuilt both my laptops and now can't seem to share data between them I have previously managed to do this using homegroups and file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bartjunited, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Sharing data between 2 home laptops

I have recently rebuilt both my laptops and now can't seem to share data between them

I have previously managed to do this using homegroups and file sharing but not sure if I'm using best practices.

Can you advise what's the simplest way.
    It's mainly to back up music and some non critical data between 2 home laptops running windows 10

:)

bartjunited, Sep 6, 2018

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Hkcuong Win User
    Core 2 Duo for laptop CQ40-314TU

I have found something about CPU Upgrade on the Intel's Website, the manufacturer of my laptop's chipset (GM45 Chipset). Currently, the CPU which this laptop is using (Dual Core T3400) is NOT in this list: Intel® Product Specifications
    The laptop's chipset also support Core 2 Extreme Technology, which I think the latest CPU Technology.
    I have another laptop called Acer Aspire 5572ANWXMi that is using the chipset 945GM which support the T7600 (like you suggested) and it is in this list: Intel® Product Specifications

Hkcuong, Sep 6, 2018
  4. DTG1 Win User

Sharing data between 2 home laptops

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Sharing data between 2 home laptops

1. Sharing data between 2 home laptops - Similar Threads - Sharing data between

2. Data comparison between 2 HDDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data comparison between 2 HDDs.: I have 2 HDDs installed in workgroup PC. I copied necessary data from 1 HDD to another HDD. There are too many subfolders. Now I want to verify that all data is copied successfully or not.How can I verify data folder by folder & file by file?I checked each & every folders'...
  3. Data comparison between 2 HDDs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data comparison between 2 HDDs.: I have 2 HDDs installed in workgroup PC. I copied necessary data from 1 HDD to another HDD. There are too many subfolders. Now I want to verify that all data is copied successfully or not.How can I verify data folder by folder & file by file?I checked each & every folders'...
  4. Home network to share files between laptops phone etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home network to share files between laptops phone etc.: Greetings. I have laptops running Win10 Pro, android phone, tablet, plus smart TV and various other devices that are capable of file storage/exchange. NO APPLE PRODUCTS! They are not permitted on my premises, period! Anyway, I would like some input on what the easiest way to...
  5. File sharing between 2 computers

File sharing between 2 computers: File sharing between 2 computers used to be easy when Homegroup was available! How do I file/folder share between 2 computers using Windows 10? If I right click on a folder> Give Access to > Homegroup is not accessible. If I select "specific people" > Add it tells me this...
  6. Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers: I have 2 computers 1 for school and the other for personal use when I download/put things on my desktop on my personal computer, they appear on my school computer whenever I next use it. How can I stop this from happening....
  7. Sharing documents between 2 users on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sharing documents between 2 users on a laptop: Ho w do you share all the documents between 2 different family member accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-documents-between-2-users-on-a-laptop/c57adc3b-51a5-47c3-bfc3-de3a70e7fa74
  8. Problem Sharing Files Between 2 W10 Laptops

Problem Sharing Files Between 2 W10 Laptops: Hi all I hope this is the correct place to post this question. So i have 2 Toshiba laptops and I have them in a workgroup so that Laptop 1 (1803) can sync files with Laptop 2 (1803) using Free File Sync. I rebuilt Laptop 2 using Macrium the other day and now I cant seem to...
  9. Problem Sharing Files Between 2 W10 Laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Sharing Files Between 2 W10 Laptops: Hi all I hope this is the correct place to post this question. So i have 2 Toshiba laptops and I have them in a workgroup so that Laptop 1 (1803) can sync files with Laptop 2 (1803) using Free File Sync. I rebuilt Laptop 2 using Macrium the other day and now I cant seem to...
  10. Share Data Between the two Computers

Share Data Between the two Computers: I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between the two computers \ I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between them. Some times I can see both computers and sometimes I cant. [Original Title: Roy]...