Windows 10: Sharing Drives on Local Net

Discus and support Sharing Drives on Local Net in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I use a redundant 1TB HDD drive L:\ in a USB caddy as a backup drive on computer //BB Second computer //AA sees the drive on the local net but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nordland, May 28, 2020.

1. Nordland Win User

Sharing Drives on Local Net

Hello,

I use a redundant 1TB HDD drive L:\ in a USB caddy as a backup drive on computer //BB

Second computer //AA sees the drive on the local net but no way will it allow
    access to either the whole drive or to shared folders on it.

A flash drive on \\BB can be accessed as a whole drive by \\AA.

File & Printer Sharing is on, network passwords are off.

Why the difficulty with the HDD when the flash drive can be accessed, and how to
    get round the problem ?

Both machines are Windows 10 64-bit. v10.0.18363 Build 18363

Regards

:)

Nordland, May 28, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, May 28, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 28, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. Sharing Drives on Local Net - Similar Threads - Sharing Drives Local

2. Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043: Hi, i have recently bought a Nvidia Shield and attached an hard disk 5TB to it with my plex library. Point is i still want to access the hard disk that contains also some backups, but:1. if i try to access the internal storage \\my.ip.ad.res\internal everything's normal2. if...
  3. Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043: Hi, i have recently bought a Nvidia Shield and attached an hard disk 5TB to it with my plex library. Point is i still want to access the hard disk that contains also some backups, but:1. if i try to access the internal storage \\my.ip.ad.res\internal everything's normal2. if...
  4. Local Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Sharing: I have spent almost two weeks to have my two computers talkto each other so i can share files between them I have done everything under the sun I believe and noresults. In one point I was able to see both computers then I probablydid something and now I only see one...
  5. Can access some drives on shared local network, but not others.

Can access some drives on shared local network, but not others.: I just joined following a google search on this topic but it seem that it is an expired thread but it is however the problem I have. I have three on a home network, a pc W7 pro a pc win 10 and a laptop win 8 I can see everything but can only access one HD on each and in no...
  6. net share command

net share command: Running Windows 10: when I ran net share to look at any shared folders, the result was as follows. what does this mean that I have a remote IPC and remote Admin? How did this get setup. I do not want to share any files. could have happened if I tried to set up Cloud...
  7. Choosing NTFS permissions for shared drives on a local private network

Choosing NTFS permissions for shared drives on a local private network: I FINALLY figured out the solution to getting access to the shared drives on my desktop PC. I had to set the NTFS permissions to include "Everyone". But what if I don't wan't to allow everyone on the network access to these files, and only the user account on my laptop...
  8. Can access some drives on shared local network, but not others.

Can access some drives on shared local network, but not others.: I have shared several drives on my desktop pc using advanced sharing - sharing with "everyone" with "full permissions". When trying to access the drives using my laptop, I am able to access one of the drives, as well as the public folders, but the other two drives (the os "C"...
  9. Can't share local drive on Win10 with authentication method

Can't share local drive on Win10 with authentication method: Dear people, I will try to explain my issue to the best. How do I share files or folders or the contents of entire local drive to other people on network with authentication (Without file sharing wizard in folder options) like we used to do in Windows XP? When following the...
  10. net share: is the share permanent?

net share: is the share permanent?: Local windows 10 machine. (home computer) I created a share via net share (CMD). I restarted my computer and noticed the share is still there. My question is, when using net share, are these permanent? I would think they would disconnect/delete after shutdown. 103285