Windows 10: Sharing files between profiles

Discus and support Sharing files between profiles in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a whole day struggling with a damaged profile, I have no choice but to create a new one and miragate all my files and settings over. At the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trans6, Mar 7, 2017.

1. trans6 Win User

Sharing files between profiles

After a whole day struggling with a damaged profile, I have no choice but to create a new one and miragate all my files and settings over. At the moment I can't access the folders in my old profile I'm getting an error message that says 'you don't currently have permissions to access this folder' I've set it to share in my old profile, tried numerous tutorials online but no joy. Any suggestions?

:)

trans6, Mar 7, 2017

2. Sharing apps on Windows 10 between user profiles?

I am trying to configure my new laptop with Windows 10, and I set up new user profiles for my sons (8 & 5), expressly so that they could use Minecraft (which I have already purchased). I successfully downloaded the app on my profile, but I want the app
    to be available to my kids on THEIR profiles (so I can continue to manage them as children, etc.), but I can't figure out how to get the app to appear OR how to switch the store account to my own to get the app for their profiles, etc., etc. I added my info
    to the accounts section (under Accounts Used by Other Apps), but it didn't seem to make a difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Krista dela Rosa, Mar 7, 2017
  3. Sharing apps on Windows 10 between user profiles?

Hi,

I realize that you want to share apps between user profiles. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to refer to the reply posted by “Vinodh_Kumar V” from this thread to check if that helps. Once this is done ensure that the child logs in using the Microsoft account so that you can monitor them.

Sharing Windows apps: Windows 10

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 7, 2017
  4. RolandJS Win User

If you are very good with folders and files, you can create and boot a Puppy Linux usb [or dvd] and use its file manager to copy from profile old to profile new. Know what you are copying, because not all directories within AppUser can be or should be copied.

RolandJS, Mar 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Sharing files between profiles - Similar Threads - Sharing files between

2. Files and software being shared between profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and software being shared between profiles: I created another profile on my laptop to use just for my office. But when I create local user, it brings over stuff from my main account with games and other software. Also, I downloaded Adobe Acrobat on my work profile and it also shows up on my main profile. Is there any...
  3. Files and software being shared between profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and software being shared between profiles: I created another profile on my laptop to use just for my office. But when I create local user, it brings over stuff from my main account with games and other software. Also, I downloaded Adobe Acrobat on my work profile and it also shows up on my main profile. Is there any...
  4. Files and software being shared between profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. sharing files between laptop and desktop

sharing files between laptop and desktop: I have a desktop and a laptop that share files. How can I delete unnecessary files from my laptop without deleting them from my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files-between-laptop-and-desktop/51fb77ca-e65d-41bf-94a7-90e3f03e2e3c
  6. sharing file between computer

sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  7. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Support
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  8. Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles: My fiancée and I both play the game Sea of Thieves, which is an xbox game pass game installed via the Microsoft Store (I believe); however, my fiancée is unable to access the game on her user profile. It is prompting her to install the game, I assume a second time, which...
  9. sharing files between computers.

sharing files between computers.: Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive. both computers are on the same network...
  10. share file between computers

share file between computers: Trying to share files between computers on same Wifi network but when I click on file to share.. Share icon is gray and not available to click on. Using Win 10 home edition and other computer is using Win 10 pro...