Windows 10: sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's

Discus and support sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have literally spent a full week trying to get my W7 & W10 pc's sharing. I have read thru dozens of online articles, none of which are helpful. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John HV, Mar 4, 2021.

1. John HV Win User

sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's

I have literally spent a full week trying to get my W7 & W10 pc's sharing. I have read thru dozens of online articles, none of which are helpful. I don't want to share individual files & folders... I want to share everything between these two pc's as I transition from W7 to W10. Yet, I still can't share a SINGLE file! Every online explanation ends with "access shared files on target pc". OK - Fine. But, HOW does one do that? These online tutorials never explain that last step... how to access shared files. Simply stating "access shared files on target pc" doesn't explain how to do that. Can anyone provide a simple, straight-forward way to share?

:)

John HV, Mar 4, 2021

2. W7 access of W10 share

On my home network W10 systems can access shares on other W10 systems, and W10 can access W7 shares. However, when W7 tries to access a W10 share, it wants a network password. I give it the user/pswd I use to log in on the W10 but that doesn't help.

I found one place:
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cannot-access-shared-folder-windows
    that suggested setting HKLM...Lsa\restrictanonymous to 1
    but that didn't seem to help.

TIA!

Paul Kinzelman, Mar 4, 2021
  3. W10 + W7 network

I have a new W10 laptop and my W7 Home premium desktop. I have done all the sharing/permissions and everything shared is shown with the additional icons on both machines. When I try to access files on W10 form W7 (and visa versa) I am told I do not have
    permission.

I had no trouble when I had 2 W7 computers.

HELP

Graham H Nelson, Mar 4, 2021
  4. sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's

W10 + W7 network

jamesgilmore4, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's

1. sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's - Similar Threads - sharing files between

2. Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop: I have an upto date W10 desktop which can see and work with files on a W7 laptop. The W7 laptop can see the desktop under the Network but when I try to access it, I am asked for a username and password to connect to the desktop. However I do not have a password for the...
  3. Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop: I have an upto date W10 desktop which can see and work with files on a W7 laptop. The W7 laptop can see the desktop under the Network but when I try to access it, I am asked for a username and password to connect to the desktop. However I do not have a password for the...
  4. Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I share files/folders between W10 and W7 Home Premium

How do I share files/folders between W10 and W7 Home Premium: I had an Asus laptop which shared everything with my Desktop (both on W7 Home Premium) - no problems setting up or using. I replaced the Asus with a W10 laptop and I have gone through the sharing process on both machines. When I try the access the W7 from W10 I get a message...
  6. W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network: Unfortunately my laptop had to be rolled back to W7 due to driver issues after the version 1803 update. Now I cannot get my home networking sharing working. I can see both computers but get "you do not have permission to access>>>>" warning on both pc when trying to access...
  7. W10 Market Share Surge vs W7

in Windows 10 News
    W10 Market Share Surge vs W7: W10 gained ~2% in July. XP gained ~0.5%! W7 down ~2%. [img] NetMarketShare 58633
  8. Market Share - W7, W10 & XP Up

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share - W7, W10 & XP Up: According to NetMarketShare in December: W7, W10 & XP all increased their share of the market The W8 Series (W8 & W8.1) has a smaller market share than XP [img] Data from NetMarketShare
  9. Market Share - W10 Up, W7 Steady

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share - W10 Up, W7 Steady: W10 gained ~2% last month. W7 was steady. XP down ~1%. [img] NetMarketShare
  10. Market Share - W10 Up, W7 Down

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share - W10 Up, W7 Down: It's that time of the month again. https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/windows-10-news/120324d1486515785-market-share-w10-up-w7-down-market-share-os-2017-02-04-2-month-bar-chart.png?s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171 Data from NetMarketShare 76791