Windows 10: Sharing folders in local network to "specific people" when MS account the same

Discus and support Sharing folders in local network to "specific people" when MS account the same in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have PC and notebook attached to same Microsoft account (log in options set to not asking me for password every time I starting PC or notebook). When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by s73, Sep 11, 2018.

1. S73
    s73 Win User

Sharing folders in local network to "specific people" when MS account the same

I have PC and notebook attached to same Microsoft account (log in options set to not asking me for password every time I starting PC or notebook). When sharing folders in "Specific people" there 3 options in dropdown list: my Microsoft account, Everyone and "Create new user". With permission set to Read/Write to my Microsoft account I can see folders from other device, I can see folder but cannot get access ("Windows cannot access XXX"). With permission set to Read/Write for "Everyone" I can share and get access folders from another device (after fixing issue with "Function Discovery Resource Publication" service startup to Automatic from default Manual).

How to share folders between my devices in local network when both set to same account? Sharing to "Everyone" doesn't feel right.

:)

2. Share Folder Permissions with MS Accounts

Hey,

So I am trying to test out something in regards to sharing, and so I have set up my PC1 & PC2 User to be shared.

Both Users are using my MS Account (rather Local).

But I don't want anybody but MY Account to access the sharing, so I went to Advanced Sharing of the User Folder on PC1, got the folder to share, went to Permissions, the default was "Everyone" with Read Checked.

So I then removed "Everyone" User, clicked add, and went to Advanced and got it to find all the users, it sure enough shows my MS Account User.

I clicked that one and it was now in the list, I gave it Full Control.

Applied it all.

Went to Network on PC2, I can now see the User Folder I shared. I double click, it says I dont have permission! Doesn't even ask for Credential Sign in, which is what is set in the Network & Sharing Centre.

I even tried other users on PC1, but PC2 wont get access unless I have it set to "Everyone", which I dont want.

What is wrong?

I might add though, it could be something specific to PC1, coz I did the same thing on PC2 for PC2 User that is tethered to my MS Account, and PC1 accesses it just fine!?

ChrisPydtank, Sep 11, 2018
  3. gogreen Win User
    List specific shared folder in Network, not root folder

I share files on my home network between my desktop PC and my laptop. I often move files between the two computers by placing folders on the desktops and then working with them or moving them to specific folders. The network for my laptop lists its desktop folder, but for the desktop PC, the topline \Users root folder is listed, not the desktop. Network and sharing work just fine. But how do I list the shared PC desktop folder so that I don’t have to drill down through the \Users file structure to reach the desktop folder?

gogreen, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Sharing folders in local network to "specific people" when MS account the same

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Sharing folders in local network to "specific people" when MS account the same

1. Sharing folders in local network to "specific people" when MS account the same - Similar Threads - Sharing folders local

2. How to share folder to specific user on specific PC on the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share folder to specific user on specific PC on the network: Hello, I have 3 PCs running Windows 10 (Home) and one of them is sharing a folder to the others. I shared the folder using Right click on the folder > Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Share this folder > Permissions > Everyone > Change (Or Full Access, depends what I...
  3. Sharing Files with Specific People Question

Sharing Files with Specific People Question: The new file sharing options in Windows 10 requires I share with Specific People. When I try to add a specific person who is on a different computer, it takes me to a window for adding an account to my computer. I don't want that person to have an account on my computer, I...
  4. Share a Folder on a Network with specific PCs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Share a Folder on a Network with specific PCs: Hi, I want to share a folder from my Computer (PC0) with two other Computers (PC1, PC2) only in my home network. But I don't want other Computers (for example PC3) on the network to be able to access it. (I don't mind if they can see it). Is this possible? I already know...
  5. Unable to access shared folder from specific computer on local network

Unable to access shared folder from specific computer on local network: I have an issue with accessing the shared folders on my Desktop computer from my Laptop A on same network. Trying to access my computer with IP address from file explorer with \\<desktop_computer_ip_here> results in following error: [img] This is strange because I am...
  6. Sharing Folders with a specific User on Private Network

Sharing Folders with a specific User on Private Network: I need help in adding a specific user to the sharing of folders. The user is on my WIFI network on another Win 10 Home PC. My wife's PC is \\XPS8500\Bonnie but when I try adding it, it is not accepted. Can you help me figure out how to add her as a sharing partner on my...
  7. Windows 10 Cant access shared folders on same local network

Windows 10 Cant access shared folders on same local network: OMG I am LOATHING this new windows 10 system. Windows 7 I had all my home pcs networked together for the files and folder I needed. I have spent countless hours trying to get my updated windows 10 desktops to be able to access the SAME folders that have been shared before....
  8. Sharing folder over network with specific devices.

Sharing folder over network with specific devices.: Hi all, I recently setup a NAS server and i need to share the files on this pc with another pc on the network. I live in a shared house so i dont want to share the files with ever computer. Scenario: PC1: NAS server with files (all in one folder)i want to share with...
  9. Network Shares not seen with MS account

Network Shares not seen with MS account: I have previously asked for help on an issue I had whereby one of my win 10 comps would not let any other comp see its shares unless the requesting comp had a local login. With a MS login you would get the error 80070035, Path not found. I have spent days (and nights!)...
  10. List specific shared folder in Network, not root folder

List specific shared folder in Network, not root folder: I share files on my home network between my desktop PC and my laptop. I often move files between the two computers by placing folders on the desktops and then working with them or moving them to specific folders. The network for my laptop lists its desktop folder, but for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. specific people do no show in network sharing