Windows 10: Sharing folders on home network between machine using enterprise Azure ID and another...

Discus and support Sharing folders on home network between machine using enterprise Azure ID and another... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two laptops running Windows 10 (1803) 64-bit. My personal machine runs the pro version and uses an offline account (Bob). My work machine runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bob (New User), Oct 7, 2018.

1. Sharing folders on home network between machine using enterprise Azure ID and another...

I have two laptops running Windows 10 (1803) 64-bit. My personal machine runs the pro version and uses an offline account (Bob). My work machine runs the enterprise version and uses an Azure account linked to my company e-mail (AzureAD\Bob). Both are connected to my wireless router at home and I'd like to share some folders on my personal machine, so I can access/edit them from my work machine when both are connected.

Network discovery and file/printer sharing are turned-on for both machines, with automatic setup of network connected devices. However, neither machine can see the other when I access the network section of Windows Explorer.

I've also tired selecting the folders on my personal machine and using the option to give access to specific people, but it's not clear to me how to do this and I presumably need the computers to see each other first before this step would be of any value.

Appreciate any help or suggestions please. Thank you.

:)

Bob (New User), Oct 7, 2018
  2. maxim__s Win User

Win10 Enterprise: domain or Azure ID is mandatory?

Am I correct that Win10 Enterprise mandates either domain or Azure ID during installation?

So, if I want to have a setup without the AD/DC at hand, I can only use Win10 Pro?

maxim__s, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Sharing folders on home network between machine using enterprise Azure ID and another... :)

Frogger, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders on home network between machine using enterprise Azure ID and another...

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Sharing folders on home network between machine using enterprise Azure ID and another...

1. Sharing folders on home network between machine using enterprise Azure ID and another... - Similar Threads - Sharing folders home

2. Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines: I am familiar with Windows networking from Domain management and have no problem setting things up at the user or group level with custom permissions. My problem is the reverse of this. I don't seem to be able to have a folder be automatically open to everyone on the LAN...
  3. Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share between Windows 11 Pro Machines: I am familiar with Windows networking from Domain management and have no problem setting things up at the user or group level with custom permissions. My problem is the reverse of this. I don't seem to be able to have a folder be automatically open to everyone on the LAN...
  4. Folder sharing between two pcs on same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder sharing between two pcs on same network: Hi, This may be a stupid question to ask my apologise if so. I know how to share one folder between two computers what I do not know if there is a way to share more than one folder to the same mapped drive? For example share Documents and Pictures in the same mapped drive...
  5. Need to share folders to another computer on another wifi network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to share folders to another computer on another wifi network.: Basically, I have two houses with two desktops, and a laptop that I take everywhere. I would like to be able to share a specific folder or two (not OneDrive, it will not work) with my two desktops, and if possible, to my laptop as well. If it helps, I always run Enterprise on...
  6. sharing folders on home network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sharing folders on home network: After update, I can no longer access shared folders on my wife's laptop from my laptop over our home network. How may I turn this on again please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-folders-on-home-network/56cc4ace-5759-47cb-b514-9c86e98307d9"
  7. file sharing with another computer on home network

file sharing with another computer on home network: We 're using Windows 10 on two desktops in our home. Both are connected to Internet by RJ-45 Ethernet cables. How can I set up file sharing so that I can save files from one computer to the other?...
  8. Sharing between wired/wireless network at home

Sharing between wired/wireless network at home: Hey all, I've done a lot of searching for this but can't seem to find an answer (and maybe there isn't one!), but I am trying to have my new laptop (windows 10) appear in the Network tab on my desktop (also windows 10). The issue is my desktop is plugged in using ethernet...
  9. How do I share between three machines using a single Microsoft ID?

How do I share between three machines using a single Microsoft ID?: I have accounts on three machines, logged in with the same Microsoft ID on each, but I'm tearing my hair out trying to share files between them across the LAN. Depending on what I do, I get errors such as "This folder can't be shared" or "You do not have permission to...
  10. Home folder shared only 1-way between identically configured machines

Home folder shared only 1-way between identically configured machines: I have two machines running Windows 10 – ermintrude and dougal – and I want my home folder on each to be shared with the other on my home network. dougal can see my home folder on ermintrude, but not the other way round. I have been through all the advanced sharing settings...