Windows 10: sharing from one Windows 10 to another Windows 10

Discus and support sharing from one Windows 10 to another Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have done this before on same laptops. But lost hard drive on receiving laptop and it was replaced. Of course my network settings were lost. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HazelKennington, Nov 18, 2018.

1. sharing from one Windows 10 to another Windows 10

I have done this before on same laptops. But lost hard drive on receiving laptop and it was replaced. Of course my network settings were lost. I have followed the steps and set my documents folder to be shared. On the other networked laptop I can see the first laptop (name is the same as it was before problems). When I try to access the sharing laptop I get the Windows Media Player. I have reset everything not to share and gone through it again with the same result. Sounds goofy I know. I have gone into the programs folder and it does not show that the media player is shared.

:)

HazelKennington, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

sharing from one Windows 10 to another Windows 10

Delta6326, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

sharing from one Windows 10 to another Windows 10

1. sharing from one Windows 10 to another Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sharing another

2. Hi - another network sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  3. Hi - another network sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  4. Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC: Been using the printer from another networked Win 10 PC for a year. Works just fine locally on USB-connected Win 10 PC. Win 11 PC can see the Win 10 PC and can see the printer. Attempts to connect to the printer fail. Attempts to connect to the C: drive on Win 10 PC fail. Win...
  5. Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC: Been using the printer from another networked Win 10 PC for a year. Works just fine locally on USB-connected Win 10 PC. Win 11 PC can see the Win 10 PC and can see the printer. Attempts to connect to the printer fail. Attempts to connect to the C: drive on Win 10 PC fail. Win...
  6. I want to share my printer another system with win11 and win10 . I can't share please guide me.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to share my printer another system with win11 and win10 . I can't share please guide me.: Hi sir good eveningi want to share my printer another system with win11 and win10 i can't share plz kindly guide me.* Changed to a question* Original title: hi...
  7. I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder?: I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-share-my-folder-to-another-pc-so-how/a1b8ada1-e269-43f1-b07c-0682087bb725
  8. I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder?: I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-share-my-folder-to-another-pc-so-how/a1b8ada1-e269-43f1-b07c-0682087bb725
  9. I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder?

10. How do i resctric a user from giving acess to another users in shared folder?

How do i resctric a user from giving acess to another users in shared folder?: Hello,I have a little problem, Recently a user gave acess to a shared folder for another user in the network. And i dont want that to happen.If i go to properties - security - advanced, i can disable the "change permission" in "show advanced permissions" for the user. But the...