Windows 10: Sharing games between accounts

Discus and support Sharing games between accounts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition on a different Microsoft account in my family. Is it possible to access minecraft on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Merryn J, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Merryn J Win User

Sharing games between accounts

Hi,

I have recently purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition on a different Microsoft account in my family. Is it possible to access minecraft on this account without having to buy it again and if so how?

:)

Merryn J, Apr 7, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Apr 7, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Sharing games between accounts - Similar Threads - Sharing games between

2. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  3. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.: HiI was looking for a way to share some apps in my account to my brother account. For example, I have program X in my account. But another user can't use app and have to install it again. This will take entire space in my PC and I don't know what to do....
  4. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.: HiI was looking for a way to share some apps in my account to my brother account. For example, I have program X in my account. But another user can't use app and have to install it again. This will take entire space in my PC and I don't know what to do....
  5. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Share game pass between accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Share game pass between accounts: I was wondering if there was a way to share game pass games between users like you can on Xbox submitted by /u/ePhantom98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/maagxf/share_game_pass_between_accounts/
  7. Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles

Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles: My fiancée and I both play the game Sea of Thieves, which is an xbox game pass game installed via the Microsoft Store (I believe); however, my fiancée is unable to access the game on her user profile. It is prompting her to install the game, I assume a second time, which...
  8. Sharing Apps between accounts on the same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sharing Apps between accounts on the same computer: Longtime Windows users but first time owner. I purchased a laptop as a family computer and created an admin account for myself and added my kids. I first installed CHROME free 3rd party and then went to the app store and downloaded MINECRAFT paid for in app store. CHROME,...
  9. sharing between computers

sharing between computers: when I create a shortcut on one desktop it then appears on all my desktops. It's driving me crazy, how do I turn this feature off submitted by /u/surfer812 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ek7w2b/sharing_between_computers/
  10. Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.: Hello, I have a bought a new laptop which 3 different people will share so I created 3 different user accounts for each person. I would assume that each user would see his/her own programs and desktop but that doesn't seem to be the case. When someone adds something...