Windows 10: Sharing (I Think)

Discus and support Sharing (I Think) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion x360 Convertible with a CORE i5 8th Gen if these pieces of information are useful. This morning, I noticed a little icon that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TroySleeman, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Sharing (I Think)

I have an HP Pavilion x360 Convertible with a CORE i5 8th Gen if these pieces of information are useful.

This morning, I noticed a little icon that appeared on some of the things on my desktop. It's a picture of two little people: one has a blue shirt and one has a green shirt. The little people aren't on any folders; they're on the actual programs. I'll provide a picture.

I did a little research and found out that it means that one has shared a folder, but 1. I never hit "Share" on anything and 2. the two people aren't on a folder, as I stated.

All I want to figure out is how and why it happened, and how to remove it if it poses some sort of threat.

If this helps, I downloaded this Adobe CC thing for free, but once it got finalized, it said that my trial had ended, so I decided that it was obsolete and searched My PC for Adobe Illustrator exclusively and deleted everything. I have a feeling that the little people have something to do with the process of me deleting all of the Adobe stuff, but I don't know for sure, and it's driving me crazy.

Any help on what it means and how to get rid of it would be very well appreciated. Sharing (I Think) 00fdf8cf-7e69-41bd-a421-f6d9f2d59792?upload=true.png

:)

TroySleeman, Feb 1, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 1, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Feb 1, 2019
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Sharing (I Think)

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Sharing (I Think) [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

Sharing (I Think)

1. Sharing (I Think) - Similar Threads - Sharing

2. Quick Share for some reason isn't compatible with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Share for some reason isn't compatible with my computer: Good day,I recently installed Quick Share to move around some files; however, when I open the app it gives me a pop-up saying "Quick Share isn't compatible with this computer." shown in the attached imageI run Windows 11, x64 and all my drivers are up to date. I saw another...
  3. Quick Share for some reason isn't compatible with my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Share for some reason isn't compatible with my computer: Good day,I recently installed Quick Share to move around some files; however, when I open the app it gives me a pop-up saying "Quick Share isn't compatible with this computer." shown in the attached imageI run Windows 11, x64 and all my drivers are up to date. I saw another...
  4. File sharing permission denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File sharing permission denied.: I have three PCs, let's call them OldLaptop & OldDesktop running Windows 10 and a NewDesktop running windows 11.From the new PC running Windows 11 I can access a shared folder on my OldLaptop, but when I try to access a shared drive called "Store" on my OldDesktop, I get a...
  5. File sharing permission denied.

File sharing permission denied.: I have three PCs, let's call them OldLaptop & OldDesktop running Windows 10 and a NewDesktop running windows 11.From the new PC running Windows 11 I can access a shared folder on my OldLaptop, but when I try to access a shared drive called "Store" on my OldDesktop, I get a...
  6. Network File sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network File sharing: ive been trying to figure out how to share files through network on my house, My PC is connected through LAN Cable and my laptop is using wifi, how can i access my files on my pc, both setup are set on private file sharing is enabled, but it doesnt detect the PC on my laptop...
  7. Network File sharing

Network File sharing: ive been trying to figure out how to share files through network on my house, My PC is connected through LAN Cable and my laptop is using wifi, how can i access my files on my pc, both setup are set on private file sharing is enabled, but it doesnt detect the PC on my laptop...
  8. File Sharing Issues on Windows 11 "___ is not accessible"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Sharing Issues on Windows 11 "___ is not accessible": I found out about windows file sharing and I thought it was a cool feature so I set up a personal file storage on an old computer. It worked great most of the time but after a windows reset and upgrade 10-->11 it keeps giving me this error message in the picture below. It...
  9. File Sharing Issues on Windows 11 "___ is not accessible"

File Sharing Issues on Windows 11 "___ is not accessible": I found out about windows file sharing and I thought it was a cool feature so I set up a personal file storage on an old computer. It worked great most of the time but after a windows reset and upgrade 10-->11 it keeps giving me this error message in the picture below. It...
  10. Can't Add Photo to iCloud Shared Album via the iCloud Shared Album Apps

Can't Add Photo to iCloud Shared Album via the iCloud Shared Album Apps: Hi Team,It is noticed that we are unable to add photo to iCloud Shared Album via the iCloud Shared Album Apps as shown in the uploaded screenshot. Do you have any clue on this ?Thanks...