Windows 10: Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared

Discus and support Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just upgraded my account to a paid 100gb plan Since then, one folder out of many is appearing with the following image:When I check the details of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CaesarCorinthos, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared

I just upgraded my account to a paid 100gb plan Since then, one folder out of many is appearing with the following image:When I check the details of the folder and files under it, I see "THIS ITEM IS NOT SHARED". I just want to make sure these files are definitely not shared and correct this icon issue. Thanks.

:)

CaesarCorinthos, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Sharing a folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue.

To know the username of your computer, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    2. Right click on the Command prompt icon and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Type whoami in Command Prompt window and press Enter.
    4. You will find the username of the computer, use the username and your password to access the file from the shared folder.

However, if the above steps didn’t help, I suggest you to turn off password protected sharing and check if that helps.

To turn off password protected sharing, please follow the steps mentioned below on your laptop:

1. Press and hold Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    2. Type Control and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
    4. Click on Change advance sharing settings.
    5. Under All Networks, click on
      Turn off password protected sharing

Hope it helps.

Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 shared folders not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to run the shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Shared Folders troubleshooter.
    And also refer the article below and check if it helps.

Share files and folders.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared

shared icons

Hello Will, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

If you share a file or a folder, then the shared icon shows up. However, if you haven’t shared these folders, I recommend that you follow the steps below:

- Go to the Search bar to open Computer Management.

- Go to System Tools on the left pane, then Shared Folders > Shares.

- You will find a list of shared folders on the right panel.

- Right click on the folders which you want to stop from sharing and choose Stop Sharing.

- Be careful and not to make changes with folders with dollar symbol, because they are default shares of Windows folder.

If you need further information, refer to the support article: ‘Changes to file sharing over a network in Windows 10’, the section ‘How do I stop sharing files or folders’.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/409269...

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared

1. Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared - Similar Threads - Sharing Icons Folders

2. Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared: I just upgraded my account to a paid 100gb plan Since then, one folder out of many is appearing with the following image:When I check the details of the folder and files under it, I see "THIS ITEM IS NOT SHARED". I just want to make sure these files are definitely not shared...
  3. Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared: I just upgraded my account to a paid 100gb plan Since then, one folder out of many is appearing with the following image:When I check the details of the folder and files under it, I see "THIS ITEM IS NOT SHARED". I just want to make sure these files are definitely not shared...
  4. Shared folder files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared folder files: I believe this scenario has to do with Owner rights. Is there something I am not setting to avoid this.User 1 creates a PC OneDrive folder and shares read and edit it with User 2User 1 creates an Android file in the same shared OneDrive folder.User 2 deletes the file out of...
  5. Folder/File sharing

Folder/File sharing: Can I share folders between computers, one running windows 10 home and the other running windows 10 pro editions. Also I have noticed that the network shows public instead of private....
  6. Shared File Icon

Shared File Icon: So There Comes An Small Logo In Lower Left Corner Of An File if we share It. I want to remove it but over the internet, I am Unable to Find a way to do so. Meanwhile, I tried many things including the modification of root icons file "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imageres.dll" -164 and...
  7. OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files: I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person. I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was downloaded onto all their devices. I then added files to the Folder, but the files themselves have not been shared. The files...
  8. file/folder sharing

file/folder sharing: I am relatively new to Windows 10 and had so much problem setting up a network with Windows 7 and earlier that I think I have a mental block. My apologies. I know there is a tutorial on this but I am a bit confused. I had a networks setup by my local computer shop...
  9. shared files and folders

shared files and folders: I have found all these pictures on my computer and wonder is someone sharing and sending me stuff through my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-files-and-folders/8533703c-8ddc-492f-8d57-ab94f30ded27"
  10. File and folder sharing

in Windows 10 Support
    File and folder sharing: I have a laptop running Widows 7, a Surface Pro and a PC running Widows 10 on a network. All can see each other. All can access each others' libraries through media devices. The PC can access files and folders on the Surface and the laptop, but neither laptop nor Pro can...