Windows 10: Sharing M365 Home Subscription - unable to add under other person.

Discus and support Sharing M365 Home Subscription - unable to add under other person. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a family group with my wife, and I share my current M365 with 3 "Other people". I can't add the 5th person under "Other people", it always ended... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by IsaacNg1985, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Sharing M365 Home Subscription - unable to add under other person.

I have a family group with my wife, and I share my current M365 with 3 "Other people". I can't add the 5th person under "Other people", it always ended up as "Microsoft family". Removing that email from the family group also removes the subscription sharing.

:)

IsaacNg1985, Feb 7, 2023
  2. WIRAM Win User

Why are new members of M365 Subscription in Microsoft Family Group

Dear Microsoft

I've a M365 Subscription which I can share with 5 other family members. Few years ago I added one family member and this member is now in Group "other persons.

Yesterday I've added a second family member, but this now automatically in Microsoft Family Group.

Why is this so? Is this new?

WIRAM, Feb 7, 2023
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Feb 7, 2023
  4. Sharing M365 Home Subscription - unable to add under other person.

Install Windows 10/11 Enterprise in M365 A3 for education subscription

I Have Subscribed to M365 A3, and I saw from the admin page that the subscriptions included with Windows 10/11 Enterprise.

I have read an article Windows 10/11 Subscription Activation - Windows Deployment | Microsoft Docs . And there's this things called Inherited Activation. But I realized that it only apply with devices that had Win 10 Pro/Enterprise installed.

I have 2 scenarios:

1. I want to upgrade my Laptop that has Win 10 Home Single Language installed, to Win 10 Enterprise as included in the subscription. I tried to google this and I found that In some cases I could just add a work or school account as usual and choose 'Join this devices to AAD' (as in the picture). but this option is not available in my Win 10 HSL devices.

Sharing M365 Home Subscription - unable to add under other person. 287b5d4a-fbc2-4d25-8c0c-bf9b5d3bdd86?upload=true.png

2. What if my student have no OS Installed in their laptop yet (DOS)? How could they get the Win 10 Enterprise?
    Note: For Point 1, I've tried to add work or school account a usual, I synced it, and I updated the OS but after restart the edition is still HSL, not changed to Enterprise.

CoralSmith, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

Sharing M365 Home Subscription - unable to add under other person.

1. Sharing M365 Home Subscription - unable to add under other person. - Similar Threads - Sharing M365 Home

2. Free M365 Developer subscription E5 not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free M365 Developer subscription E5 not working?: When signing up for the Microsoft 365 Developer subscription E5 after signing up, I've gotten taken to a website called "Microsoft 365 Developer Program" I thought it would be a Microsoft 365 Business subscription with 25 free user licenses but it has not have I misunderstood...
  3. Free M365 Developer subscription E5 not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free M365 Developer subscription E5 not working?: When signing up for the Microsoft 365 Developer subscription E5 after signing up, I've gotten taken to a website called "Microsoft 365 Developer Program" I thought it would be a Microsoft 365 Business subscription with 25 free user licenses but it has not have I misunderstood...
  4. Windows Enterprise Subscription via M365 E5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Enterprise Subscription via M365 E5: Hey all,Maybe someone has ran into this and has a solution.We have a range of Windows 10/11 Enterprise Pro default laptops which all work perfectly.They pull their Enterprise subscription from their M365 E5 subscription without issue.However, we have a few mine included that...
  5. Paying for 1 subscription with the other on family sharing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paying for 1 subscription with the other on family sharing?: i have 2 microsoft accounts accessing from the same pc. i am using one primary for all work / outlook etc. The other account is a 365 family sharing which has recently been billed for 5 people. i want to add the primary account to the family sharing account so i dont have to...
  6. Paying for 1 subscription with the other on family sharing?

Paying for 1 subscription with the other on family sharing?: i have 2 microsoft accounts accessing from the same pc. i am using one primary for all work / outlook etc. The other account is a 365 family sharing which has recently been billed for 5 people. i want to add the primary account to the family sharing account so i dont have to...
  7. Paying for 1 subscription with the other on family sharing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Sharing M365 Home Subscription - unable to add under other person.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing M365 Home Subscription - unable to add under other person.: I have a family group with my wife, and I share my current M365 with 3 "Other people". I can't add the 5th person under "Other people", it always ended up as "Microsoft family". Removing that email from the family group also removes the subscription sharing....
  9. Sharing M365 Home Subscription - unable to add under other person.

Sharing M365 Home Subscription - unable to add under other person.: I have a family group with my wife, and I share my current M365 with 3 "Other people". I can't add the 5th person under "Other people", it always ended up as "Microsoft family". Removing that email from the family group also removes the subscription sharing....
  10. M365 E3 under EA agreement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    M365 E3 under EA agreement: i have 500 users, and we got M365 E3 licenses under Enterprise Agreement. as before Microsoft had something call Home Use Rights .. where you can use Microsoft product for private use. my question: can i use activate win 10 for personal use? do i have Home Use Right or...