Windows 10: Sharing Microsoft Store apps with other Family members

Discus and support Sharing Microsoft Store apps with other Family members in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Can an app purchased on Microsoft store by me then be installed on my children's Windows 10 PCs? They are members of my Microsoft Family. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Causewayer9, May 28, 2020.

1. Sharing Microsoft Store apps with other Family members

Can an app purchased on Microsoft store by me then be installed on my children's Windows 10 PCs?

They are members of my Microsoft Family.

I purchased Minecraft Dungeons and my children, logged in with their Microsoft accounts on their own devices, were able to download the app from the Windows Store.

However, when they try to run it they get the error that they do not own Minecraft Dungeons.

:)

Causewayer9, May 28, 2020
  2. MrADuffy Win User

Store apps now shared amongst family members?

Hi there,

Sorry, my problem is not with the libraries visible in the file explorer. What I mean is in the "My Library" section in the Store. Since yesterday, I have noticed that we each now see the superset of applications from our entire family, for each family
    member and on all of our devices. I am hoping that this is a new policy from Microsoft so that all Store downloads are now automatically shared with other family members (connected via Microsoft Family Safety). If this is not the case, then maybe I have
    a problem.

Best regards,

Andrew.

MrADuffy, May 28, 2020
  3. Routz Win User
    Game sharing with family members

Hi,

I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work fine on my account/profile.

I want to share it with other Family members who have microsoft accounts and are listed as my family members. I believe this is possible with xbox play anywhere games.

Logged into one childs account, went to microsoft store, found game but it seems to want me to buy it again! Should it just say Install instead of Buy?

We dont have an xbox console. Do we need any other xbox stuff( pass, software etc.)?

Thanks for any sugestions.

Routz, May 28, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Sharing Microsoft Store apps with other Family members

Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Sharing Microsoft Store apps with other Family members

1. Sharing Microsoft Store apps with other Family members - Similar Threads - Sharing Microsoft Store

2. Unable to add family member for sharing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add family member for sharing: Unable to add family member ie: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to my sharing of microsoft 365 and this message appeared when he/she try to join as a member "TraceId: qSTFN73PD0iI9iES.85.154"...
  3. Unable to add family member for sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add family member for sharing: Unable to add family member ie: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to my sharing of microsoft 365 and this message appeared when he/she try to join as a member "TraceId: qSTFN73PD0iI9iES.85.154"...
  4. Unable to add family member for sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users: 1. My log-in screen shows two accounts show.2. Both of these accounts are me—no other person has access to my computer.3. I select my administrator account and log in.4. I look up ‘Your Info’ in Settings.5. My account saying ‘Administrator’ appears.6. When I look into ‘Family...
  6. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users: 1. My log-in screen shows two accounts show.2. Both of these accounts are me—no other person has access to my computer.3. I select my administrator account and log in.4. I look up ‘Your Info’ in Settings.5. My account saying ‘Administrator’ appears.6. When I look into ‘Family...
  7. Sharing Minecraft Java Edition with Microsoft family members

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Minecraft Java Edition with Microsoft family members: I have purchased Minecraft Java Edition with my Microsoft account and only now find out that the members in my family on my Microsoft account, is not able to play as well as I need to purchase a separate Minecraft account for them. I find this very odd and have looked all...
  8. family member can't use funds in the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    family member can't use funds in the microsoft store: Hi, I recently set up a family account on my sons new PC. I added funds to his account so he could buy Minecraft. However when he click on buy, there is no option to use the more than adequate funds in his account. The store shows prices in Swedish KR which is his...
  9. Sharing a game with family member

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing a game with family member: I got bought Forza Horizon 4 and I want to let my brother play it in his own account without letting him into mine every time, is it possible? I searched on Google but I can't find a clear answer. My brother is already a family member. submitted by /u/Vaiolo00 [link]...
  10. Game sharing with family members

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Game sharing with family members: Hi, I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work fine on my account/profile. I want to share it with other Family members who have microsoft accounts and are listed as my...