Windows 10: Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles

Discus and support Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My fiancée and I both play the game Sea of Thieves, which is an xbox game pass game installed via the Microsoft Store (I believe); however, my fiancée... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ohnomorphism, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles

My fiancée and I both play the game Sea of Thieves, which is an xbox game pass game installed via the Microsoft Store (I believe); however, my fiancée is unable to access the game on her user profile. It is prompting her to install the game, I assume a second time, which would not be ideal given that the game files are >50GB total, and storage space is limited.

We have both purchased the game correctly, so I don't believe the issue to be that.

Anyone have any ideas?

submitted by /u/ohnomorphism
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ohnomorphism, Nov 29, 2020

2. Coming from XP to Win 10 and Multiple Local Users Issues

Hi Thomas,

If you would like to share the apps or games to other user profiles on the same device, you don't need to purchase those again. You can simply re-download it on the other user profiles. Kindly refer to these steps:

• Using the a different user profile, go to Windows Store app.
    • Log into the Store using the Microsoft Account that was used to purchase the game.
    • Search for the specific app or game, then from there, you'll see the option to re-download it.

You can also check your purchased apps/games by checking the Store history by clicking on account picture which appears next to search box, then select Purchased. That will open your Microsoft Account in your default browser. If being prompted, enter your
    Microsoft Account password again to view recent apps/games installed from the Store.

Please note that you may need to do these steps in each user profiles to share the apps that you want to share with other profiles.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post back.

Lawrence Lib, Nov 29, 2020
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles

Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles

1. Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles - Similar Threads - Sharing Microsoft store

2. Share user profile between two windows on the same PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share user profile between two windows on the same PC: I have two windows on my PC, one is main and the other is with Insiders program activated. Can I share user profile from my main windows to one with Insiders?...
  3. Ubuntu Sharing between Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ubuntu Sharing between Users: I have installed Ubuntu 20.x LTS from Microsoft Store in my windows 10 PC. Unfortunately, the other users on my PC may not able to access/share the Ubuntu installation. How do I share with the other users in this same machine without doing individual installation. If I...
  4. Sharing games between accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing games between accounts: Hi, I have recently purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition on a different Microsoft account in my family. Is it possible to access minecraft on this account without having to buy it again and if so how?...
  5. User profile sharing

User profile sharing: Hello, Recently my friend added his account to my PC and now I have 2 accounts on my computer. We don’t share one PC, he has his own. He has a bunch of stuff installed on his account which, from what I see, take up a lot of space on my computer. Now the question is: if I...
  6. Shared User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shared User Profile: I have multiple computers on my home network. For some reason the User Profile used on one computer is showing on another. Once the two profiles were switched. The computers have unique users and User Profiles and the two users do not share computers. How do we go back...
  7. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...
  8. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in Windows 10 Support
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...
  9. Share apps between users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share apps between users: Hi I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I've had a bit of a look and can't find it. I got a win 10 pc for my son's for Christmas so they can do some light gaming and homework. They both have thier own login for the pc. My question is can I download an app/game from...
  10. Sharing files between profiles

Sharing files between profiles: After a whole day struggling with a damaged profile, I have no choice but to create a new one and miragate all my files and settings over. At the moment I can't access the folders in my old profile I'm getting an error message that says 'you don't currently have permissions...