Windows 10: Sharing Mobile hotspot from my pc virtual wifi driver problem

Discus and support Sharing Mobile hotspot from my pc virtual wifi driver problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using a wired broadband connection. I want to use my laptop as a router to share internet to other devices using the mobile hotspot option. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RafiMahbub, May 13, 2020.

1. Sharing Mobile hotspot from my pc virtual wifi driver problem

I am using a wired broadband connection. I want to use my laptop as a router to share internet to other devices using the mobile hotspot option.

I downloaded a software called mHotspot for this. But when I try to start hotspot from this software, it says there is a diver problem.

As I explored on the internet, I think it is related to virtual wifi miniport driver or something like this. And this driver is absent in my PCWindows 10

How can I fix it? How can I use my PC as a router?

:)

RafiMahbub, May 13, 2020
  2. ChrisUWS Win User

Unable to share WiFi with Virtual Network Hotspot ?

I created a virtual hotspot and wanted to connect it to my Wifi. But when I go to my Wifi in the network settings, click properties and try to sharing the Wifi, I have no option to share it to my hotspot. Is there a reason that I'm unable to share my Wifi
    to my virtual hotspot?

ChrisUWS, May 13, 2020
  3. Error "The wifi network .... didn't respond" when using PC as mobile hotspot

Original title:- Use my PC as a mobile hotspot

When my PC has a cellular data connection, I want to turn it into a mobile hotspot to share my connection with other devices.

To do this I follow these steps.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
      > Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.
    After that I enter my Password to my nokia lumia 925 phone and try to connect to my new wifi network.

But it says "The wifi network .... didn't respond"

• I enter my password correctly.
    • Turn of my wifi in pc

William A Nadeeshani, May 13, 2020
  4. Zontir Win User

Sharing Mobile hotspot from my pc virtual wifi driver problem

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Sharing Mobile hotspot from my pc virtual wifi driver problem

1. Sharing Mobile hotspot from my pc virtual wifi driver problem - Similar Threads - Sharing Mobile hotspot

2. Problem in connect mobile hotspot to my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in connect mobile hotspot to my pc.: I have long successfully used the hotspot from my Lava Z61 Pro cell phone to connect to the internet. Got a new phone, set up its hotspot and when I try to connect it asks for a router PIN. There is no router none, just a cell phone. I enter its PIN and it says “Getting info...
  3. Problem in connect mobile hotspot to my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem in connect mobile hotspot to my pc.: I have long successfully used the hotspot from my Lava Z61 Pro cell phone to connect to the internet. Got a new phone, set up its hotspot and when I try to connect it asks for a router PIN. There is no router none, just a cell phone. I enter its PIN and it says “Getting info...
  4. Problem in connect mobile hotspot to my pc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problem with Mobile Hotspot - Disconnecting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Mobile Hotspot - Disconnecting PC: Good day, As of a little ago I started having troubles over my mobile hotspot settings when it's up without encountering them before. So standard I would do is set up mobile hotspot, set my own name and password. Go Ethernet to Wifi and connect my phone on the name of my PC's...
  6. Problem with Mobile Hotspot - Disconnecting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Mobile Hotspot - Disconnecting PC: Good day, As of a little ago I started having troubles over my mobile hotspot settings when it's up without encountering them before. So standard I would do is set up mobile hotspot, set my own name and password. Go Ethernet to Wifi and connect my phone on the name of my PC's...
  7. my pc cant share net as mobile hotspot

my pc cant share net as mobile hotspot: my pc has a problem with mobile hotspot, it cant share net what is the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-cant-share-net-as-mobile-hotspot/65c53cd9-f836-4bde-842e-0f23e69bb5f5
  8. Mobile Hotspot Driver

Mobile Hotspot Driver: Hello I am stupid enough to delete my Microsoft Mobile Hotspot subfolder registry without creating a backup at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Now I cannot set up mobile hotspot and I cannot found it...
  9. Mobile Hotspot not working from my PC

Mobile Hotspot not working from my PC: hi, I am sharing my internet over my mobile hotspot on my DELL Inspiron PC running Windows 10. The Samsung TV that I connected it to says its connected to the hotspot but not to the internet. The internet is working fine on my PC Any ideas?...
  10. Mobile hotspot sharing from

Mobile hotspot sharing from: How do i set this up in laptop. Under the sharing from box it dont have choice of cellular network even though the cell phone is in available Wi-Fi networks just wont connect 135229