Windows 10: Sharing MS Store purchases with family

Discus and support Sharing MS Store purchases with family in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I purchased a copy of Minecraft with my parent account and was told that it could be shared with family members on my PC however I don't see an option... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PatrickMulvehill, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Sharing MS Store purchases with family

I purchased a copy of Minecraft with my parent account and was told that it could be shared with family members on my PC however I don't see an option to install it on my child account when I login. Can you tell me how I can do this?

:)

PatrickMulvehill, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can't find a purchased app on a family member log on

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and Settings. To share an application on a different account, kindly follow the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Initially, sign in to the child’s account on the computer and login to Microsoft Store using the Microsoft account that was used to purchase the game.
    • After logging in to Store, under the Microsoft Account you will see the list of
      Purchased Apps which can be installed for the signed in user.
    • Open Settings and select Your Account, click on
      Sign out option which would return the Store Settings to revert to the user account.

Additional Information: You may refer the article on
    Sharing Windows 10 Store Apps with your Family for further
    information.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 18, 2021
  3. when will windows phone store can share purchase to family

When can windows + windows phone store can share purchase to family?

ChalanthornChanmathikornkul, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Sharing MS Store purchases with family

Sharing purchases within family group

Good day ! I am an independent adviser here to help you!

You can probably share the app with your family member and that should in theory also share the purchase with them:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/henrikn/2015/1...

Zackary Vanosdol, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Sharing MS Store purchases with family

1. Sharing MS Store purchases with family - Similar Threads - Sharing Store purchases

2. Help with MS family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with MS family: Hello. My son was the first to install with MS family on his computer. He then sent me an email which I accepted. When I try to use any of the MS applications on my laptop I get the message that I must start a trial or buy it. If i log into MS 365 on line, I have access to...
  3. Sharing games purchased on the microsoft store on different accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing games purchased on the microsoft store on different accounts?: Hello, I was wondering if there is any way to share a game between 2 microsoft accounts, so if I log into my microsoft account on a computer, and it is the administrator, can i log in on my other account where i purchased a game, and use the main administrator but play the...
  4. Sharing Microsoft Store apps with other Family members

Sharing Microsoft Store apps with other Family members: Can an app purchased on Microsoft store by me then be installed on my children's Windows 10 PCs? They are members of my Microsoft Family. I purchased Minecraft Dungeons and my children, logged in with their Microsoft accounts on their own devices, were able to download the...
  5. Share Minecraft with Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share Minecraft with Family: I've seen a more or less similar post but of 2016, so I was hoping things might be different now. Is it possible to buy minecraft once and share it with your kids on the family account and can they play it simultaneously? I find this whole family account and content...
  6. MS Family

MS Family: [ATTACH] I am having difficulties with my MS Family account. I have three children in the family group and each has the same error message "update your child’s Windows 10 device to get the family features to work". All the Win 10 devices we own are fully updated and I have...
  7. Sharing purchases within family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing purchases within family group: I recently purchased a mashup pack in Minecraft for my son but we can only use it when logged into my gamertag. Is there a way to share these microtransactions within your family group??? Thank you...
  8. Family sharing of purchased games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family sharing of purchased games: My kids love Minecraft. I purchased minecraft on my iphone and it allowed them to download it on their iPads without having to purchase it again. If I purchase Minecraft on my computer, will my kids, who are a part of my family in Microsoft, be able to download it and play...
  9. Tranfer Windows purchased license from MS Store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Tranfer Windows purchased license from MS Store: Greetings, I made a purchase like two years a go for MS Windows 10 Pro license from MS Store. May laptop had MS Windows 8.1 Home preinstalled from the vendor. So, is it possible to transfer those purchased license to another account? I mean in the Store I used one account...
  10. Office365 Family Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office365 Family Sharing: Hello, I am a Mac user and have signed up for Office 365 for some 5 years now. I have tried to set it up for my partner, (who is a blind lady) and uses a Windowd 10 desktop PC. I set up family sharing on my Mac, with my account and sent her the invitation, She accepted...