Windows 10: Sharing Options

Discus and support Sharing Options in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi My name is Srinivas, I am having problem with folder sharing and i am unable to share more then 20 users in windows 10, can you please help out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sri86, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Sri86 Win User

Sharing Options

Hi My name is Srinivas,

I am having problem with folder sharing and i am unable to share more then 20 users in windows 10, can you please help out how to increase more users because i have 50 systems and i want sharing my folders to all.

:)

Sri86, Feb 21, 2019

2. customize share option

Hi MD,

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community.

Based on your concern, I see that you would like to customize the share options in the new Windows 10 update.

To help us isolate this, kindly provide us the following information for us to come up with the best resolution.

• May we have a screenshot of the build of your computer? To check, refer to the steps below:
    • On your keyboard, press Windows key + R.
    • Type 'winver', and then press Enter.

• Which update are you exactly referring to? Is it Windows Update?
    • Have you checked the share options if your preferred options were available?

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 21, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Sharing Options

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Sharing Options

1. Sharing Options - Similar Threads - Sharing Options

2. Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.: Hello,I have Moto G84 running Android 13 and Oneplus 6.Both phones had the share option for link or file sharing in the share menu before, but now it's not present.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both phones but still nothing.I even reset the Windows app...
  3. Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.: Hello,I have Moto G84 running Android 13 and Oneplus 6.Both phones had the share option for link or file sharing in the share menu before, but now it's not present.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both phones but still nothing.I even reset the Windows app...
  4. I am unable to share the folder via network file sharing option between 2 PC as I am unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to share the folder via network file sharing option between 2 PC as I am unable...: I am unable to share the folder via network file sharing option between 2 PC as I am unable to locate the folder while trying to share the folder as it is not showing in File explorer under Network...
  5. I am unable to share the folder via network file sharing option between 2 PC as I am unable...

I am unable to share the folder via network file sharing option between 2 PC as I am unable...: I am unable to share the folder via network file sharing option between 2 PC as I am unable to locate the folder while trying to share the folder as it is not showing in File explorer under Network...
  6. how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work

how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work: how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-on-network-discovery-when-change/02b080d1-ba5f-47ae-940f-e963e8e73b18
  7. how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work: how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-on-network-discovery-when-change/02b080d1-ba5f-47ae-940f-e963e8e73b18
  8. how can I turn on network discovery when "change advanced sharing options won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How to remove option of "Every one" while sharing folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove option of "Every one" while sharing folder: I would like to allow all employees to have a functionality of file sharing with restriction to specific people instead of everyone. There should not be an option to share with "Every one" How can we remove it? Is there any GPO policy which can be created for this?...
  10. How to remove option of "Every one" while sharing folder

How to remove option of "Every one" while sharing folder: I would like to allow all employees to have a functionality of file sharing with restriction to specific people instead of everyone. There should not be an option to share with "Every one" How can we remove it? Is there any GPO policy which can be created for this?...