Windows 10: Sharing PCs on a network

Discus and support Sharing PCs on a network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 Windows 10 PCs on the same network. I have shared both, can see both, but when I try to access the other it tells me I am not authorized to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KalonaGJ, Mar 8, 2019.

1. KalonaGJ Win User

Sharing PCs on a network

I have 2 Windows 10 PCs on the same network. I have shared both, can see both, but when I try to access the other it tells me I am not authorized to access. What has changed?

:)

KalonaGJ, Mar 8, 2019

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Mar 8, 2019
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Sharing PCs on a network :)

FLY3R, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Sharing PCs on a network

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Sharing PCs on a network

1. Sharing PCs on a network - Similar Threads - Sharing PCs network

2. Share a Folder on a Network with specific PCs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Share a Folder on a Network with specific PCs: Hi, I want to share a folder from my Computer (PC0) with two other Computers (PC1, PC2) only in my home network. But I don't want other Computers (for example PC3) on the network to be able to access it. (I don't mind if they can see it). Is this possible? I already know...
  3. Folder sharing between two pcs on same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder sharing between two pcs on same network: Hi, This may be a stupid question to ask my apologise if so. I know how to share one folder between two computers what I do not know if there is a way to share more than one folder to the same mapped drive? For example share Documents and Pictures in the same mapped drive...
  4. COMPUTER SHARING ON HOME NETWORK WITH WINDOWS 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    COMPUTER SHARING ON HOME NETWORK WITH WINDOWS 10 PCs: I have 2 windows 10 PCs on my home network. Both appear on the network. However, my wife can access all the files on my computer while I only have access to her media files. I have spent hours on the phone and sharing the computer with Gearhead's Tech Service, our PC tech...
  5. Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network

Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network: I have an unusual situation as I only have mobile hotspot at the moment, I have 2 PCs which are on a network router, but only one has a wifi dongle to connect to the mobile hotspot. Is that anyway I can share the internet with the other PC on the network through the one...
  6. Unable to share files between 2 PCs over a Wi-Fi network

Unable to share files between 2 PCs over a Wi-Fi network: Hello, my name is Davide and I have a problem in sharing a folder between 2 PCs. It seems that I can't do that because my PCs can't find each other on the Wifi network. The 2 PCs are on the same Wi-fi network. I have enabled and turned on all necessary options in...
  7. Share files on two PCs

Share files on two PCs: I have two laptops, both with current win10 as of 1/30/19, both access internet via same home Wi-Fi. How do I, over said Wi-Fi: 1. Reset them both to default network settings, then 2. Allow laptop A to open a file on laptop B? I just want laptop A to go to file manager,...
  8. Unable to use network sharing with 2 PCs on Windows 10

Unable to use network sharing with 2 PCs on Windows 10: I tried to follow the tutorial listed and checked that the correct services were on and automatic. I also made sure file sharing is on. On my Windows 10 PC I can only see the media for my Laptop but there's nothing in it. On my PC I can see my Laptop but it says not...
  9. Network File Sharing Betw PCs Running W10

Network File Sharing Betw PCs Running W10: nuc and desktop both are running W10 Home. i have following the instructions setting up in [network & sharing centre] > 'turn on network discovery' + 'turn on file and printer sharing'. Followed the instructions 'give access to' > 'advanced settings' > [sharing] tab >...
  10. How to selectively share files via network on different PCs in v1803?

How to selectively share files via network on different PCs in v1803?: Hi all, After upgrading to 1803 on all my computers, I can't seem to figure out a way to share files selectively between the PCs. We were using HomeGroup to contain the files to specific PCs, thus, requiring a "password." However, we haven't found a real solution to...