Windows 10: Sharing permission

Discus and support Sharing permission in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all So for Onedrive, the company I work for have made the decision to turn off the share to all share settings. We have an HR admin who wants to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ruthlesssnu, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Sharing permission

Hi all

So for Onedrive, the company I work for have made the decision to turn off the share to all share settings.

We have an HR admin who wants to share resources with perspective clients via a link in an email that takes them to a folder/files about the company. I thought onedrive would be the solution but with the current settings I think not. Sharepoint is pretty locked down to internal users... what would be the best way to do this?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/ruthlesssnu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ruthlesssnu, Mar 15, 2021

2. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Mar 15, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    vistas sharing permissions... help needed

First make sure "Use Sharing Wizard" is disabled under Folder Options.

Then when you setup the share, set the permissions on the sharing tab, but also you have to set the permissions on the security tab.

newtekie1, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Mike0409 Win User

Sharing permission

vistas sharing permissions... help needed

What I don't understand the following:

Firewalls= Off
    Ownership = Him
    NTFS Security Permissions = Allow user, full control set
    Share permissions = allow user, full control set
    Password Protection = Off

What the fuck is stopping the authentication??

Fit for shit's and giggles, add the user you want to the Security permissions of the Hard drive the share is on.

Meaning if the share is on your C: Drive, go into the Security Tab in the C: drive and add that user. But don't share that Drive out, just set those NTFS permissions.

Mike0409, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Sharing permission

1. Sharing permission - Similar Threads - Sharing permission

2. Windows File Sharing Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Sharing Permissions: Hi,So, for a few months now I have been using my home PC as a file server so that I could access the D drive of the PC with my laptop. However, I had set the permission so that all users on the network have full control over the drive. Obviously, this is a huge security...
  3. Windows File Sharing Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Sharing Permissions: Hi,So, for a few months now I have been using my home PC as a file server so that I could access the D drive of the PC with my laptop. However, I had set the permission so that all users on the network have full control over the drive. Obviously, this is a huge security...
  4. My home computer can access my shared laptop, but my laptop says I don't have permission to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My home computer can access my shared laptop, but my laptop says I don't have permission to...: My home computer can access my shared laptop, but my laptop says I don't have permission to access my computer, but I can access the shared files thru the e-mail I sent myself when I shared the folders on my computer. Where do I check this permission issue?...
  5. My home computer can access my shared laptop, but my laptop says I don't have permission to...

My home computer can access my shared laptop, but my laptop says I don't have permission to...: My home computer can access my shared laptop, but my laptop says I don't have permission to access my computer, but I can access the shared files thru the e-mail I sent myself when I shared the folders on my computer. Where do I check this permission issue?...
  6. no permission incorrect error message for shared folder

no permission incorrect error message for shared folder: HiI have a weird issue with just one workstation on a domain network. A single folder in a share on the server is inaccessible despite it having the same permssions as all the other folders at the same level. I get a No Permission error. If I rename the folder on the server...
  7. no permission incorrect error message for shared folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no permission incorrect error message for shared folder: HiI have a weird issue with just one workstation on a domain network. A single folder in a share on the server is inaccessible despite it having the same permssions as all the other folders at the same level. I get a No Permission error. If I rename the folder on the server...
  8. no permission incorrect error message for shared folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Window 10 is not giving permission to window 7 to use the share printer . What to be done ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 is not giving permission to window 7 to use the share printer . What to be done ?: Window 10 is not giving permission to window 7 to use share printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-is-not-giving-permission-to-window-7-to/3d68df87-4907-4578-8454-40e929bd43e1
  10. Window 10 is not giving permission to window 7 to use the share printer . What to be done ?

Window 10 is not giving permission to window 7 to use the share printer . What to be done ?: Window 10 is not giving permission to window 7 to use share printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-is-not-giving-permission-to-window-7-to/3d68df87-4907-4578-8454-40e929bd43e1