Windows 10: Sharing Printer problem

Discus and support Sharing Printer problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'd like to share my win10 printer in Xp. I know this isn't an xp forum but hoping someone can help me anyway as w10 related. XP "sees" the printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, Jul 28, 2020.

1. James1093 Win User

Sharing Printer problem

I'd like to share my win10 printer in Xp. I know this isn't an xp forum but hoping someone can help me anyway as w10 related.
    XP "sees" the printer okay but then shows a 'Connect To' dialog wanting a User/Password.

The win10 machine has been setup to not ask for this normally so the information isn't known. I used cmd and "whoami" to get a username and and entered that and my MS account password.

This brought up "The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials. Overwriting the existing set of credentials may cause some running applications to stop function properly. Do you really want to overwrite the existing set of credentials?"

Now of course I do not know what to reply to that, and I don't want to stop something that currently works.
    How can I find what the existing set of credentials are, so I can use them ? (I am the only user of the computer, btw).

Thanks.

:)

James1093, Jul 28, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Printer Sharing

Hi Bransby,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps

Computer you are sharing from

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Find your printer

3. Right click on the printer

4. Select “Printer properties"

5. Click on the sharing tab

6. Check "sharing this printer"

7. Give the printer a Name

8. Click apply

Computer you are trying to share to:

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Check for printer the devices and printers.

3. if it is not there click "add printer"

4. If the printer does not show up click “The printer that i wanted wasn't list"

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 28, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Sharing Printer problem

Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

Thema:

Sharing Printer problem

1. Sharing Printer problem - Similar Threads - Sharing Printer problem

2. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  3. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  4. Facing Problem in connecting shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing Problem in connecting shared printer: Dear Sir,i have a server with OS Windows Server 2012 R2 in which all printer are connected and this printer are been shared to everyone in our organization. But the laptop user with windows 10 and windows 11 are unable to connect this printer as they are getting errors saying...
  5. Shared printer problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printer problem: I have 2 computers connected via ethernet cable to the same router. There is a printer connected via USB to one computer. I cannot get the second computer to access the printer.I have turned on sharing, and ensured that the printer is set to be shared.I have tried to connect...
  6. Shared printer problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printer problem: I have 2 computers connected via ethernet cable to the same router. There is a printer connected via USB to one computer. I cannot get the second computer to access the printer.I have turned on sharing, and ensured that the printer is set to be shared.I have tried to connect...
  7. Shared printer problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue

Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue: Hi, I have a Win7pro PC that shares HP Officejet 800 on a local network. It's a small office of 6 Windows10 machines. The Win7pro machine has also a shared folder in case anyone would like to drop off the file to it and print it off the machine. All of it works well with...
  9. Windows 10 Share Printer Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Share Printer Problem: I have two Windows 10 Computer one locally installed Epson LQ 690 its working fine but I share the same printer and try to connect with second computer I can see the printer when I click the printer its ask to install the driver when I click yes its give message "Windows can...
  10. Printer Problems and File Share Problems

Printer Problems and File Share Problems: After upgrading to Windows 10 I had printer problems with my wireless HP printer. I could print from the laptop but not the desktop. The desktop installation had deleted the IP address to the printer. I had to re-install it from disk and do some tinkering. Now both printers...