Windows 10: Sharing problems between my PCs

Discus and support Sharing problems between my PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a desk PC connected to my router via cable (Ethernet) and a laptop connected to the same router via WiFi and both run Win 10. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Conannet, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Conannet Win User

Sharing problems between my PCs

Hello everyone,

I have a desk PC connected to my router via cable (Ethernet) and a laptop connected to the same router via WiFi and both run Win 10. I just reinstalled my laptop and now they cannot see each other. Both PCs are connected to same network and discoverable on the network, but they cannot see each other. When I open my desktop PC's settings it says its connected to some random Network 3, and when I open my laptop's settings the name of the network is my actual network's name, and not this Network 3, whatever it is.

What the heck is going on and how to connect both of the PCs in the same network? I have a printer connected to my desktop PC and cannot use it from my laptop because of this. Also I want to share some folders between the PC's and still is a no go.

Thanks!

:)

Conannet, Jan 2, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 2, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 2, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Sharing problems between my PCs - Similar Threads - Sharing problems between

2. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  3. Folder sharing between two pcs on same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder sharing between two pcs on same network: Hi, This may be a stupid question to ask my apologise if so. I know how to share one folder between two computers what I do not know if there is a way to share more than one folder to the same mapped drive? For example share Documents and Pictures in the same mapped drive...
  4. Sharing folders between PCs NOT on my Wifi

Sharing folders between PCs NOT on my Wifi: Hi, i have an odd question that I cant find an answer to. I'm currently running windows 10, and i'd like to share a folder with another windows 10 PC, although, this pc is NOT on my wifi. Is there anyway to share a folder that can be accessed from either PC? if not by...
  5. File sharing between Windows 10 PCs

File sharing between Windows 10 PCs: Used to be able to share files between a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 7 PC, but it doesn't work now that I upgraded the Windows 7 to Windows 10. Tried to share the Users folder with Everybody, but got a message that the files could not be shared. How do I fix?...
  6. Trying to share files between two PCs

Trying to share files between two PCs: I have two PCs running the latest Windows 10 software connected to the same network. I really need to be able to have the computers see each other so I can share files between the two. However, that doesn't seem to be the case and I always seem to have problems. For the sake...
  7. 2 PCs, no Xbox. Cloud saves won't share between PCs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 PCs, no Xbox. Cloud saves won't share between PCs?: I have the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I have been playing The Outer Worlds on my desktop PC. One day i had to spend some time at my moms house while some renovation work was getting done, so i brought my laptop. When i loaded up the game it synched and i was able to pick up...
  8. Unable to share files between PCs over Ethernet

Unable to share files between PCs over Ethernet: 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH! 3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^) 4)...
  9. Sharing between 2 PCs keeps coming and going

Sharing between 2 PCs keeps coming and going: PC A recently updated to Win10 Pro v 1809. PC B is on Win10 Home 1803, both with all available updates. PC A and B have been set up with sharing for years. Recently, and seemingly worse since PC A updated to v 1809, the sharing comes and goes. Sometimes both PCs can see each...
  10. File sharing between Windows 10 PCs

File sharing between Windows 10 PCs: Once again a Windows 10 update has shut down our private network file sharing on my wife's and my two Windows 10 computers. This happens every time there is a large update, but I don't remember the fix. We both keep some accounting files on each of our two office computers...