Windows 10: Sharing Public Folders on windows 10

Discus and support Sharing Public Folders on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have asked this before and have not received any replies. I'll try again. I have spent over 6 hours on this issue and have read and tried all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dbaldwin11, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Sharing Public Folders on windows 10

I have asked this before and have not received any replies. I'll try again. I have spent over 6 hours on this issue and have read and tried all the standard file/folder sharing solutions. I have a basic WIRED home network. 3 dell computers, 2 running windows 10 pro and 1 running windows 10 home. The laptop and one desktop are 6 months old.

Here's the problem. When all computers are up and running, connected to the network and have internet access, if I click on the network option on my desktop #1, sometimes I see only my desktop, sometimes I see #1 and my wife's laptop #2. For some unknow reason, occasionally I will only see desktop #3. Other times I will see other combinations or nothing at all.

If I see #2 and click on it, it always says "Windows cannot access \\computer name - you do not have permission to access \\computer name". I get the same result from each computer trying to access the Public folders or shared folders. I have spent hours granting permissions to Everyone, setting up network shares, disabling firewall .... you name it, I think I have done it all and there is no change. I recently found a post describing the Public folder concept and it made me want to scream.

Just to complete the frustration, I hooked up an old dell Windows 7 laptop to the network. When I click on Network on computer #1,#2 or #3, the windows 7 laptop shows up every time. The windows 10 computers can access the windows 7 laptop's Public Folders . The windows 7 laptop can not access the windows 10 computers.

Thanks for reading this far. All I can say is - Help

:)

dbaldwin11, Jan 21, 2021

2. sharing Public folder

I have upgraded an old Vista machine to W10. The old machine can read the shared Public folder on my base computer (W10). The new W10 computer can't find the Public folder. I've made all the suggested settings for sharing, but the Public folder from the
    base computer can't be found on the new machine. How do I do this?

DavidWilson505, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Public documents sharing

My question is how do other computers see it as homegroup window does not list public folders?

I know how to put files into public it is the next step that I am not understanding in setting up the network/computers etc to see the public folders.

I have spent a day trying to understand/working out how to do this it is not obvious as the homegroup page only shows library folders that I do not want to share.

So how do I get the homegroup to show public folders?

peterprewett, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Sharing Public Folders on windows 10

How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Sharing Public Folders on windows 10

1. Sharing Public Folders on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sharing Public Folders

2. Network sharing available for public folders, but not private folder. Password Protected...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network sharing available for public folders, but not private folder. Password Protected...: Hi. I have tried to get help from Microsoft regarding this issue to no avail. I have 2 microsoft laptops, both running the most updated version of windows 10. They are on the same network. They are both visible in the other file explorer. I can access the public folders...
  3. How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Everybody with a Windows 10 computer would have noticed sometimes that the Windows operating […] This article How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. How to share a public read only folder

How to share a public read only folder: I have Hotmail and Office 365 Personal, and use OneDrive. . I would like to create a public read-only folder. . Also, I would like to create a public read-write folder. . The rest should be only accessible by me. . Is there a special, public PUBLIC OneDrive share URL...
  5. Public Sharing

Public Sharing: I have three machines on a wired home network, all running Windows 10 1909. All three are part of the same Workgroup, all three have Public Sharing turned on, yet Istill can't get this to work properly. Machine's One and Two won't show any other connected machines. Machine...
  6. Sharing on "Public" Network in Windows 10 Pro?

Sharing on "Public" Network in Windows 10 Pro?: Is it indeed possible to share files over a "public" network among computers in the same workgroup? If so, are there special tricks to pull this off? I have been advised elsewhere that, "[Microsoft] have broken networking in Windows 10" and that, "if you choose a Public...
  7. Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing'

Windows update keeps disabling Turn on 'Public Folder Sharing': Small office, 6 PC's, Windows Server would be overkill Instead we user a 'server' running Windows 10 Pro. It runs several accounting and quoting apps that share their folders on the LAN Every few months, Windows 10 Pro updates itself, which happens at the end of the working...
  8. sharing Public folder

sharing Public folder: I have upgraded an old Vista machine to W10. The old machine can read the shared Public folder on my base computer (W10). The new W10 computer can't find the Public folder. I've made all the suggested settings for sharing, but the Public folder from the base computer can't be...
  9. disable public folder sharing using netsh - win10

in Windows 10 Support
    disable public folder sharing using netsh - win10: Hi, I know how to disable Network Discovery or File and Printer Sharing via the following command lines: netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="Network Discovery" new enable=no netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=no But...
  10. Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Public Folder Sharing in Windows 10 [img] Information The Public folders are a convenient way to share files on your computer. You can share files in the Public folders with other people...