Windows 10: Sharing purchases within family group

Discus and support Sharing purchases within family group in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently purchased a mashup pack in Minecraft for my son but we can only use it when logged into my gamertag. Is there a way to share these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Deluggz247, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Sharing purchases within family group

I recently purchased a mashup pack in Minecraft for my son but we can only use it when logged into my gamertag. Is there a way to share these microtransactions within your family group???

Thank you

:)

Deluggz247, Feb 9, 2019

2. Family sharing of purchased games

My kids love Minecraft. I purchased minecraft on my iphone and it allowed them to download it on their iPads without having to purchase it again. If I purchase Minecraft on my computer, will my kids, who are a part of my family in Microsoft, be able
    to download it and play it without having to purchase it again? If so, I will purchase it to share across our computers. However, if that is not possible I won't buy the game at all for our computers. Answers?

eddiewarren2, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Home group print sharing

Hi,

Thank you for postingyour query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

1) Did you try to share the Printers? If yes, do you get any error message/code?

2) What is the make and model of your Printer?

I suggest you to check the user manual of the printer to know more about sharing. You can also refer to the steps given in the link below to know more about sharing. The article given below is for Windows 8.1 but the steps are same for Windows 10.

Share a printer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/share-printer

I would suggest you to disconnect the home group and reconnect.

Please try the below method to fix the issue.

Method 1: Run the
    Home group troubleshooter

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Home group.
    • Click on Advanced on the Home group troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Home group troubleshooter.

For more information refer the link below:
    Sharing files and printers.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Ethan B. Win User

Sharing purchases within family group

Family sharing of purchased games

Hi Eddie,

Unfortunately as far as I know, the Microsoft Store, Minecraft no less does not support family sharing. It is one character per account. Basically, if you purchase access to Minecraft, it technically entitles you to one user. So if your kids would share that
    one copy, they have to have the same credentials to log into the Minecraft launcher, which if it isn't a problem, sharing is feasible.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Ethan B., Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Sharing purchases within family group

1. Sharing purchases within family group - Similar Threads - Sharing purchases within

2. Leaving Family Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Leaving Family Group: hello, i have been trying to play a game but it says im in a family group. i went to check the family group app and it shows that im an organizer and that im the only one in the family, and so i tried to leave but there was no option for me to leave even though ive looked at...
  3. Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?: If a member of the family who is over 13 leaves the group, will the parents be notified? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-leaving-a-family-group-in-microsoft-family/6522fe46-a9a1-4a37-a2ec-072fc96994fc
  4. How can I share games with family group member?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I share games with family group member?: In my Windows10 PC, I bought Minecraft from Microsoft Store with my admin account, how can I share it with my kids in my family group? I searched several questions before and their solutions are no longer working....
  5. Family sharing a game purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Family sharing a game purchase: Here's the thingDaughter asked me to buy her Minecraft a couple of months ago from the MS Store on our family PC. She sent me a request through family sharing and I was duly relieved of £24.99.Today my son asked me to buy Minecraft. 'Ah' I said 'I bought that for your...
  6. Sharing MS Store purchases with family

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sharing MS Store purchases with family: I purchased a copy of Minecraft with my parent account and was told that it could be shared with family members on my PC however I don't see an option to install it on my child account when I login. Can you tell me how I can do this?...
  7. OneDrive family and group sharing now available

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive family and group sharing now available: We have all been adjusting to the new ways we stay in touch, share, teach, and learn. As many of us have made the shift to working and learning from home, we’re relying more than ever on digital sharing and collaboration. Now, Microsoft OneDrive is introducing a...
  8. Family group account

Family group account: I added an account on my computer for my roommate and inadvertently added her as a child. How do I change it to an adult account or delete it so I can correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-group-account/102d1908-8bf5-405e-966e-bb4d816e865a
  9. Family Group

Family Group: I have set up a Family Group. I am granting access to an app, but when my child attempts to access the app. The "Ask permission" window pops up again. We are in a loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-group/0e02f8a8-3559-4b67-a6d4-64f5e811135e
  10. Family sharing of purchased games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family sharing of purchased games: My kids love Minecraft. I purchased minecraft on my iphone and it allowed them to download it on their iPads without having to purchase it again. If I purchase Minecraft on my computer, will my kids, who are a part of my family in Microsoft, be able to download it and play...