Windows 10: Sharing Quicken data over OneDrive

Discus and support Sharing Quicken data over OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sometimes when I enter Quicken data to OneDrive to share it with my partner, it is lost when I close the program. Who knows the fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnneEhrlich1, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Sharing Quicken data over OneDrive

Sometimes when I enter Quicken data to OneDrive to share it with my partner, it is lost when I close the program. Who knows the fix?

:)

AnneEhrlich1, Dec 27, 2018
  2. kenw100 Win User

OneDrive, sharing Quicken data file between users

I use Onedrive to share a Quicken data file between two users. I have the main file, and I share it with the other computer. When the other computer enters data, sometimes it's lost when she leaves the program
    and returns to it.Does anyone have any help?

***Original title: Onedrive and Quicken***

kenw100, Dec 27, 2018
  3. OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Sharing Quicken data over OneDrive

Quicken Backup

What is the problem?

There should be no reason you can't backup your Quicken file to OneDrive.

On the other hand it might be a bad idea to run Quicken where it is reading data file out of OneDrive.

It all depends on how OneDrive treats the lock that Quicken puts on the data file while it is running.

If OneDrive honors the lock and doesn't do a sync while Quicken is running, then this would be OK.

If OneDrive on the other hand goes ahead and syncs the data file while Quicken is using it, it could be in an inconsistent state. Also you should never change the same data file in two different places, before it syncs. Because there is no way to merge
    the changes from two different locations.

I have not tested with OneDrive to see how it treats the locks, but the test would be basically make sure it doesn't sync to another machine while you are using Quicken. I have heard that DropBox does this properly, so maybe OneDrive would too.

For questions about Quicken you should ask here:

https://qlc.intuit.com/

A_User_Here, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Sharing Quicken data over OneDrive

1. Sharing Quicken data over OneDrive - Similar Threads - Sharing Quicken data

2. Onedrive shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive shared: If I use my personal school logon on another schools laptop, will my onedrive files be accessible to the computers main user after I logoff?Sync option never used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-shared/4f921fd9-1aaa-4584-af77-d52791141884
  3. Onedrive shared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive shared: If I use my personal school logon on another schools laptop, will my onedrive files be accessible to the computers main user after I logoff?Sync option never used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-shared/4f921fd9-1aaa-4584-af77-d52791141884
  4. Share with OneDrive !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share with OneDrive !: If I save anything to Video file it doesn't seem to synchronize with OneDrive as per the print screen attached ! I normally have to copy and paste to documents or photos to "Share" with OneDrive ! Can the video file be added to OneDrive ? I have read various articles on the...
  5. Sharing data

Sharing data: I have two computers that I want to share between. How di I set up the network to allow these two computers to share data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-data/8bb5049b-1d6b-4f63-b884-a547b7311b08"
  6. connot open quicken data

connot open quicken data: I refreshed my computer windows 10 . I can see my quicken data backup files but cannot open them . it says app is not ok to open on this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connot-open-quicken-data/0021a3e5-7100-46b9-8f04-eacee1c5fa0d"
  7. sharing data

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sharing data: How can I share data on my laptop and desk computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-data/446ac1bd-c982-450f-b60f-8d97767443fb
  8. OneDrive, sharing Quicken data file between users

OneDrive, sharing Quicken data file between users: I use Onedrive to share a Quicken data file between two users. I have the main file, and I share it with the other computer. When the other computer enters data, sometimes it's lost when she leaves the program and returns to it.Does anyone have any help? ***Original...
  9. Onedrive and Quicken

Onedrive and Quicken: I use Onedrive to share a Quicken data file between two users. I have the main file, and I share it with the other computer. When the other computer enters data, sometimes it's lost when she leaves the program and returns to it.Does anyone have any help?...
  10. Sharing over WiFi

Sharing over WiFi: At present working with one machine connected to router wired and one over WiFi. With ver 1803 and both Function Discovery services set to Auto Start Delayed getting to wired works like a charm. The wired machine can see the WiFi shared drive but, get access denied. Is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install quicken on one drive

2. quicken one drive

3. can i use quicken with onedrive

4. HOW to save quicken to one drive,
  5. issues with quicken and one drive,
  6. use onedrive to run quicken on multiple computers,
  7. can you access quicken files from onedrive,
  8. quicken data and onedrive,
  9. onedrive for quicken,
  10. quicken and one drive,
  11. quicken 2019 on onedrive