Windows 10: Sharing root directory on Windows 10

Discus and support Sharing root directory on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having issue with sharing a root directory so we can run programs on one system. I have turn on File Sharing Network discovery Turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GarryMitchell2, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Sharing root directory on Windows 10

I am having issue with sharing a root directory so we can run programs on one system.

I have turn on File Sharing Network discovery Turn off password protected added a share for the root directory I can see the share but I cannot access it. the error is You Do not have permission to access\\****\c.

:)

GarryMitchell2, Jan 3, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

Can't save file in C:\ root directory

I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone.

I can make/delete new folders in the C: drive, and save/delete files in those folders.
    My Win 10 system works just fine, except for me to save a file in the C; root directory

I can save files from apps to the C:\, and if I save the same file again, it tells me it exists and if I want to overwrite it, so it is indeed saved to the root directory.

In windows explorer I can't see those saved files in the root directory.

Any suggestions?

fussybob, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Sharing root directory on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Sharing root directory on Windows 10

1. Sharing root directory on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sharing root directory

2. Azure VM with 50GB root directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Azure VM with 50GB root directory: Hi,I want to spin up a Ubuntu/Centos/RHEL VM having 50GB for root directory.I tried with Standard_D8s_V3 and Standard_D4ads_v5, but no luck.Can anyone suggestRegards,Jessie...
  3. Azure VM with 50GB root directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VM with 50GB root directory: Hi,I want to spin up a Ubuntu/Centos/RHEL VM having 50GB for root directory.I tried with Standard_D8s_V3 and Standard_D4ads_v5, but no luck.Can anyone suggestRegards,Jessie...
  4. Azure VM with 50GB root directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User folder in the C: root directory

User folder in the C: root directory: I have 8 folders in my User folder. Each folder contains from two to 29 items. Can I copy each of the seven smaller folders into the largest folder and then delete the seven smaller folders?...
  6. Directory Sharing Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Directory Sharing Issue: I want to send a friend my crash report for an application, he knows how to fix it. But in loads of places, it lists my directory, C\Users\<MyName>, and when I search that up on google, it shows ALL my files. Is it safe to send the report to my friend, without risking the...
  7. How to share ONLY directory without root

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to share ONLY directory without root: File sharing in Windows 10 is anything but intuitive. How can I share a directory, without sharing the entire directory tree? For example, if I try to share C:\Users\me\Downloads then all of C:\Users is accessible from the share. How can I limit the share to only the...
  8. Persistent generation of Found.xxx files in root directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Persistent generation of Found.xxx files in root directory: Winver 1903 Hi, I have a relatively new computer system with a Crucial MX500 SSD (1 TB) The problem that I am having is that folders that are named Found.xxx (where xxx is numerically sequenced) and are constantly created in the root drive of C The folders are always...
  9. Temporary folders in Windows 10 root directory

Temporary folders in Windows 10 root directory: I have been running Windows 10, upgraded from Windows 7, for several years. All of that time the system has been adding "temporary" folders of the form MSIxxxxxx.tmp and pbtempxx and _xxxxxxxx_ which now amount to well over 1000 items and cannot easily be removed and arè not...
  10. Quixxxx.tmp directories on root

in Windows 10 Support
    Quixxxx.tmp directories on root: I have all these directories starting with Qui...tmp on one of my laptops. about 20-30 of them, all empty. I get nothing via google. Anyone ever seen this? 67218