Windows 10: Sharing USB port over LAN

Discus and support Sharing USB port over LAN in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In our medical organization we bought these graphical tablets for our doctors. They will be used to sign documents of our patients. One tablet for each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/akimbas, May 15, 2020.

1. Sharing USB port over LAN

In our medical organization we bought these graphical tablets for our doctors. They will be used to sign documents of our patients. One tablet for each cabinet.

Problem is, there are 2 PCs. We connect the tablet to one PC and would like other PC to have access to it as well. I could use Remote Desktop or TeamViewer, but it's too complex for doctors, I need simpler approach.

Drivers and possible incompatibility aside, is it possible to directly share USB port on W10?

submitted by /u/akimbas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/akimbas, May 15, 2020

2. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 15, 2020
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Sharing USB port over LAN [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 15, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Sharing USB port over LAN

usb to lan converter

So you want something that you plug into your LAN port and it gives you USB ports or something you plug into a USB port and gives you a LAN port? If you need USB ports, why not put a PCI/PCI-E USB card in the computer?

newtekie1, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Sharing USB port over LAN

1. Sharing USB port over LAN - Similar Threads - Sharing USB port

2. USB shared over network perm error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB shared over network perm error: I am having issues with sharing a HDD over the network. I'd prefer not to use a NAS since I am trying to save the company I am doing this for some money. My goal is to use the drive as a backup for the other computers on the network, but the program that I am using keeps...
  3. USB shared over network perm error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB shared over network perm error: I am having issues with sharing a HDD over the network. I'd prefer not to use a NAS since I am trying to save the company I am doing this for some money. My goal is to use the drive as a backup for the other computers on the network, but the program that I am using keeps...
  4. USB shared over network perm error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Troubleshooting broken file/drive sharing over LAN

Troubleshooting broken file/drive sharing over LAN: Hello Microsoft Community,To start this headache off let me explain what me end goal is here. I have a NAS server hosting my PLEX media library and, up to this point, had the UHD Blu-Ray drive for adding movies directly connected to it. I've rearranged things now and the...
  6. View live info over usb port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    View live info over usb port: So in Linux you can use evdev to import live usb connection info to a python script or even just view it all live. i.e when I hook up a usb nes controller it detects the presses of different buttons and I can put that into a python script and have it do something everytime a...
  7. View live info over usb port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    View live info over usb port: So in Linux you can use evdev to import live usb connection info to a python script or even just view it all live. i.e when I hook up a usb nes controller it detects the presses of different buttons and I can put that into a python script and have it do something everytime a...
  8. File sharing over LAN

File sharing over LAN: I am wondering if it is possible to share files over the LAN for specific users on 2 computers in my network? I can't seem to do what I need to do. Anyhow, this is the setup: 2 Windows 10 computers connected by ethernet cables to the same modem / router. (I am at home and...
  9. LAN port issue

LAN port issue: My laptop is only one year old. When i connect LAN cable to LAN port or even i touch the LAN port my laptop screen goes black and it goes to sleep. Why is it happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lan-port-issue/eabab720-a376-4937-a8aa-cc7c3d2b113f
  10. USB port changing state over time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port changing state over time: I'm using a current Intel NUC (NUC5i3RYH) running Windows 10 Home x64. I have this infuriating problem which may be related to the hardware but may also possibly be fixed in the OS. I've had no success so far changing power and sleep settings in the BIOS and Device...