Windows 10: Sharing videos and files - follow all online suggestions - still not sorted issue?

Discus and support Sharing videos and files - follow all online suggestions - still not sorted issue? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wish to share files with a person. When I add their name in the drop down details, I get Windows cannot access their details? I have so much to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SallyLeads, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Sharing videos and files - follow all online suggestions - still not sorted issue?

I wish to share files with a person. When I add their name in the drop down details, I get Windows cannot access their details? I have so much to share with so many individual people BEFORE I release on other apps, and I cannot share easily with anyone? Please help, been on Microsoft's on line chat with robot, then as no answer was offered to talk to somebody, then that service not available only telephone or the community can help. Great if someone can help me in the community, I pay Microsoft for subscriptions and they are too busy there end to help with my service, good to be that busy I guess. Cannot share Microsoft documents, excel any other then to myself, on that app either, I have a subscription for. Ay suggestions please? thank you. It may be something on laptop that needs adjusting. Also outlook keeps not recognising my passowrds and not retrieving my mail due to this. Help please as been doing this all morning to no avail

:)

SallyLeads, Nov 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 Sharing Issue

Hi Ennycloe,

There are several reasons why does other computers are unable to access your file from Windows 10. To make sure where this issue is coming from, we suggest that you run the built-in HomeGroup troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting on the Windows search box.
    • Click on View all which is located on the left pane.
    • Choose Home group and then Shared Folders.
    • Follow the on screen steps.

Let us know the results from the troubleshooter.

Janeane Cru, Nov 23, 2018
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Sharing videos and files - follow all online suggestions - still not sorted issue?

video issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

• For a better understanding of the issue, let me know if the issue occurs with all videos or any specific videos (File type)?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall display drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Display driver from Device Manager.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver.

• Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manger.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the prompt and restart the computer.
    Step 2: Install the Display driver in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    Properties

b. Select Compatibility Tab

c. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

d. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Sharing videos and files - follow all online suggestions - still not sorted issue?

1. Sharing videos and files - follow all online suggestions - still not sorted issue? - Similar Threads - Sharing videos files

2. Online Backup Suggestions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Online Backup Suggestions: I have 2 computers, connected by a network, & 4 external drives (2 for each computer). I use Macrium Reflect to image each computer to external drives daily & switch external drives each week. My total size for all backups is about 600-700 GB. I'd like to be able to store...
  3. File Explorer sorting files issue

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer sorting files issue: I dont know why File Explorer is showing these files on top, as the date created is older I rebuilt the index and its still doing the same. I copied those two files at the top to another folder and it was sorted correctly. Windows 10 Pro version 1909 [img] Any help much...
  4. Shared experiences issue [video]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shared experiences issue [video]: Hello everyone I have a problem with the shared experiences feature in the windows settings. Here you can see what I mean. The problem occurs on my business pc and notebook. The PC is On-Prem domain joined and the notebook AAD connected shown in the video. Both devices are...
  5. Shared experiences issue [video]

Shared experiences issue [video]: Hi everyone I have an issue with the shared experiences feature. Looking the video. This problem occurs on my business pc and notebook. The PC is On-Prem Domain joined and the notebook AAD connected showing in the video. Both are on 20H2. Any ideas what I could do to...
  6. Alphabetical File Sorting Issue??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alphabetical File Sorting Issue??: [ATTACH] I have my game shortcuts all in one folder, and when it comes to games with sequels or expansions, the sequels are always listed before the original. I would imagine that in the case of Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite, they would be in that order. But...
  7. Network sharing -- video demonstrates my issue. Suggestions appreciated.

Network sharing -- video demonstrates my issue. Suggestions appreciated.: Please review the video. Comments welcomed. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FNPGDwOETi9RwfOp_SNwgWQQG2GZk22w/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-sharing-video-demonstrates-my-issue/a7115d69-90ab-4367-899a-c942a1f76a2f
  8. File Explorer Sort Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Sort Issue: I have lost the option, when sorting items within explorer folders to list in in Ascending or Descending. Only recently -I would say this month. I store many thousands of Images (jpg mostly). Some projects I workflow against date created or name for examples. It was there...
  9. File Explorer Sorting Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Sorting Issue: Up until recently, I had a folder which contained Folders and Files (all pictures) that were sorted by "Date-Ascending". Recently, a select number of these folders are reverting back to sorted by "Name", then it appears to do a index/refresh and then it corrects itself to...
  10. All Apps sorting issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps sorting issue: Greetings all. I have a couple of persistent irritations with my Win10 Pro setup that I can find no remedy for. Posting on various MS forums in the past for other issues has generally only elicited a 'run sfc /scannow', followed by no further comment. So, I'm bypassing them...