Windows 10: Sharing violation

Discus and support Sharing violation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Flexi I am working with and when I try and import a picture I took from my files it tells me cannot save sharing violation. Anyone know how I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LindaC. Stokes, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Sharing violation

I have Flexi I am working with and when I try and import a picture I took from my files it tells me cannot save sharing violation. Anyone know how I can fix this?

:)

LindaC. Stokes, Jul 11, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jul 11, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Arun B J Win User

Sharing violation

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Sharing violation

1. Sharing violation - Similar Threads - Sharing violation

2. Can connect to pc share using ip address but not the share name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can connect to pc share using ip address but not the share name: One PC is a laptop and the other one is a desktop. Both are running Windows 10 v1803. The sharing option "Turn on network discovery" for private, public, and guests is checked on both computers. Also checked is "Turn on file and printer sharing". From the laptop, I can...
  3. Spinning icon when trying to log in to a shared conference room computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning icon when trying to log in to a shared conference room computer: We normally waste a few minutes at the beginning of every meeting trying to log in. We get a spinning icon and the words "Other User" when trying to log in to a shared conference room computer. It literally takes several minutes to finally present a log in screen. Windows 10...
  4. File Sharing - How to Network Windows 10, WIndows 7 and xBox One together to share media

File Sharing - How to Network Windows 10, WIndows 7 and xBox One together to share media: I have multiple Windows products in my home. An HP laptop PC that runs Windows 10 x64, an HP Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium x64, an HP desktop PC that runs Windows 7 Home Premium x32, a custom built ASUS based gaming PC that runs Windows 10 x64, a Microsoft Lumia...
  5. Media Player Network Sharing Service

Media Player Network Sharing Service: I am trying to turn on my media streaming. It's says it is not turned on. It's says to go to Windows services administrative tools. when I try to start the media player network service it says Windows could not start it on my computer. Error 1068: the service or group...
  6. Windows Advanced Sharing Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Advanced Sharing Center: I am having this problem with the File and Printer Sharing option in the Advanced Sharing Settings when imaging new PCs. Sometimes, the PC images correctly and has the File and Printer Sharing option enabled, where other times this setting is disabled. This happens randomly...
  7. Suface Pro, windows 10, opening files on shared areas and insufficient memory errors

Suface Pro, windows 10, opening files on shared areas and insufficient memory errors: Hello, I have an issue with a Surface Pro running windows 10 and office 365. When trying to open a file, a small file, on a shared area there is an insufficient memory error. Moving the same file to the desktop and it will open absolutely fine, but not from the shared...
  8. Unable to access SMB file sharing

Unable to access SMB file sharing: Hi, While I'm administrator on 2 computers PC1 and PC2, both are joined to a Windows domain: From PC1, I cannot see shared folders on PC2. Once, I log on PC1 as a normal user, I can properly see the shared folder. Please advise Thanks...
  9. . how can I protect my hotmail from being shared and being accessed and blocked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    . how can I protect my hotmail from being shared and being accessed and blocked?: I keep getting msg saying attempt to sign into Gmail failed. How do I stop it. Someone changed my password to my account and my recovery account is hotmail. how can I protect my hotmail from being shared and being blocked? Google sent me a link to reset password but I'm...
  10. file sharing in windows 10 :1809

file sharing in windows 10 :1809: To use file sharing; I have to disable and then enable option file and printer sharing for microsoft windows in ethernet properties after every windows start Then shared files are available for clients. everything all right. It solves the problem only by enabling and...