Windows 10: Sharing website and app passwords between Apple devices and Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Sharing website and app passwords between Apple devices and Windows 10 PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It appears the only way to share website and app passwords between Apple devices and Windows 10 pc's is to utilize a third party password manager that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Misterdavie, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Sharing website and app passwords between Apple devices and Windows 10 PC

It appears the only way to share website and app passwords between Apple devices and Windows 10 pc's is to utilize a third party password manager that supports both Apple and Windows devices. The Apple password manager on my iPhone works fine and provides the option to assign a very secure random password, or for me to select the password. However, if I am unable to share this password list on my pc to allow logging into to sites from my pc, then I guess I need a third party password manager like Lastpass, for example. Is that your understanding?

:)

Misterdavie, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Windows 10 share always asks for password

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

I would like to know;

• Do you have any other user account or is the issue specific to your user account?
    • Are you able to share after password ?
    Since you have already tried the logical troubleshooting, I would suggest you to make change in the group policy and check the issue. Refer the link below:

Note: The link is for Windows 7 however the same steps has been tested on Windows 10.

Refer Shaon Shan's suggestion:

Network Sharing Failure: Password Protection off still require password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Sharing website and app passwords between Apple devices and Windows 10 PC

Network Sharing prompts for password (Password protected sharing turned off) - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you’ve already turned off password protected sharing, this issue could be due to the incorrect cached credentials stored on the PC. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      small icons.
    • Click on User Accounts and choose your
      User Name.

• On the left pane, click on Manage your credentials.
      Under Windows Credentials, remove the shared computer credentials and save the changes.
    • Exit Control Panel and restart the machine to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Sharing website and app passwords between Apple devices and Windows 10 PC

1. Sharing website and app passwords between Apple devices and Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Sharing website app

2. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.: HiI was looking for a way to share some apps in my account to my brother account. For example, I have program X in my account. But another user can't use app and have to install it again. This will take entire space in my PC and I don't know what to do....
  3. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.: HiI was looking for a way to share some apps in my account to my brother account. For example, I have program X in my account. But another user can't use app and have to install it again. This will take entire space in my PC and I don't know what to do....
  4. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Sharing Network Drives between 2 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Sharing Network Drives between 2 PC: Hello Guys, I recently built a new pc and its connected to my router via ethernet and its in my room. My old PC is in the basement connected to the same router via wireless 5Ghz AC. I have 2 HDD with all files on this PC in my basement and I want to share these drives as...
  6. Windows 10 SSD shared between 2 PC's

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 SSD shared between 2 PC's: Hi, I have a laptop and a HP Desktop with GPU and gaming performance, but only one Drive (SSD), I was wondering if there's someway to easily use my Laptop's SSD with Windows 10 Pro into my HP Desktop, for example: I normally use my Dell Latitude laptop to do everything, and...
  7. Apple App on windows 10

Apple App on windows 10: I am trying to find an app for windows 10 that is the same as the voice tools app for Apple it is the one that gives a graf chart of voice pitch. whether it is in the male range or the female range. Does Microsoft have such an app to windows and if not how can I run the Apple...
  8. Sharing folders between two Windows 10 PC's

Sharing folders between two Windows 10 PC's: I was previously able to access "my documents" on my desktop pc from my surface pro through Home Group. This has been taken away and I can't seem to figure out how to share the "documents" folder on my desktop pc with my surface pro. Help please!!!1 ***Original title:...
  9. Sharing Onedrive files between devices

Sharing Onedrive files between devices: Hi, how do i share One Drive files between different devices on my Office 365 One Drive account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-onedrive-files-between-devices/e947d027-c379-421e-b611-9f0db2d4b8c8"
  10. Share apps between users

Share apps between users: Hi I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I've had a bit of a look and can't find it. I got a win 10 pc for my son's for Christmas so they can do some light gaming and homework. They both have thier own login for the pc. My question is can I download an app/game from...